Are you an author interested in writing science communication based articles, including features, case studies, experience articles, perspectives, news and interviews? Then you should apply to join the Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team as Science Communication Editor.
Science Communication Editors work closely with authors to write science communication-based articles, including features, case studies, experience articles, perspectives, news and interviews.
Application Deadline: Rolling Basis
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Successful applicants get to enjoy writing, and help other young people to share their ideas with the world.
The opportunity is open to :
- Youths aged 14-22 years.
- Applicants who have real interest in using STEM to address global challenges, who can work well in a team, and who are eager to learn about new topics.
Requirements/Terms and Conditions
- Applicants should have previous writing experience – whether for enjoyment for coursework for another organisation or as part of a competition.
- Applicants must be willing to do in-depth research of new topics so they can give authors constructive feedback, and also able to take on feedback to improve your writing.
- Science Communication Editors will undertake a period of training, which includes the different article styles, how to write an interesting and unique article, and how to edit an article.
Key Skills required:
- Ability to work well with others
- Genuine interest in STEM and Sustainable Development Goals based Innovations/developments
- Ability to generate ideas or look at things from a different perspective
- Excellent time management
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- A positive attitude towards receiving constructive feedback
- Willingness to develop an understanding of our audience
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Click here to apply.
In the application, applicants will be asked to provide some information about:
- The role they are interested in
- Their education/training
- The details of at least one person (up to 2 people) who can provide a reference
N.B: Applications for this role are being considered on a rolling basis, and will therefore close once all of the available positions have been filled. They therefore encourage applicants to submit early.
About the Youth STEM Matters Volunteer
Youth STEM is looking for young people who have a real interest in using STEM to address global challenges, who can work well in a team, and who are eager to learn about new topics.