Apply for the 2021 Yenching Academy program for a chance at quality education in an intensive learning environment where you can explore China and its role in the world—past, present, and future.
Selected scholars in the program will receive full fellowships, that includes a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences.
Application Deadline: December 7, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
For all selected students, the Yenching Scholarship will provide full fellowships that cover-
- Accommodation in the Yenching Academy House
- A travel fund for one round-trip journey to and from Beijing
- Health insurance
- A living stipend to fund campus living costs and expenses related to field studies.
To be eligible for the program, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Currently enrolled degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2021.
- An outstanding academic record.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China.
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Native English speakers and students or alumni of primarily English taught degree programs (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
- English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2019.
- TOEFL MyBest Scores are not acceptable.
- For Submission of English scores- IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, only scores sent directly to the organizers from these organizations will be accepted.
Applicants should make sure to choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of their scores booking the exam time.
For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form
- Personal Statements (750 words or less)
- Research proposal (maximum one page)
- Official transcript(s)
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Click here to apply.
About the Yenching Academy at Peking University 2021
The Yenching Academy of Peking University seeks to link China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies.
This scheme connects young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
Scholars in the program will participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves.
They will be afforded the exceptional opportunity to take part in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, developing both personally and professionally.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.