Applications have now been opened for the World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition 2021.
The 2021 World Bank Youth Summit Competition awards the most cutting edge idea that supports either of the two youth summit themes listed below:
- A Resilient recovery for the People: Empowers people In fighting the consequences of the pandemic and addresses growing inequality in societies.
- A Resilient recovery for the Planet Provides sustainable solutions to support the halt of climate change.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Chosen candidates get to be mentored by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts.
- Chosen candidates get to network with leading professionals and young social entrepreneurs around the world.
- Chosen candidates get to participate and learn in events and workshops.
- Chosen candidates also get Seed-funding.
The competition is open to :
- Teams of 1 to 5 Individuals aged 18 to 35.
- Participants who are nationals from World Bank member countries.
- Students, as well as people in the workforce or any other occupation.
- People committed to implementing the solution after the competition.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary.
Diverse team compositions are advised, but not required
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Stage 1 – Submit your Proposal by March 31, 2021, 11:59 PM EST: Proposals will be evaluated by an expert committee. Shortlisted individuals/ teams will be announced by late Apni and will proceed to the next stage.
Stage 2 – Refine your idea & Prepare your Pitch (May 2021): Individuals/teams shortlisted in Stage 1 will receive feedback on their proposals and may be asked to submit further information, interview with the team, refine their proposals and/or submit short pitching videos.
Stage 3 – Pitch your idea at the virtual Youth Summit (June 2021). Five finalists will be selected to present their proposals live at the virtual youth summit in June.
Click here to submit your proposal
A proposal should Include an idea summary, outline the problem(s) it aims to address, pitch the proposed solution and why it stands out compared to existing solutions.
In addition, you might want to explain the financial sustainability of your business model potential to scale, actual progress (if any) and how you and your team Measure Success.
About the World Bank Group Youth Competition
Established in 2013, the Youth Summit is an annual event hosted by the World Bank Group (WBG) to engage with youth globally on the most pressing topics facing our generation. The WBG Youth Summit is an affiliate of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) network, the largest volunteer organization at the WBG, which aims to inspire and empower youth within and outside the institution.
The primary goals of the Summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for submission of proposal is March 31, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
Proposals will be evaluated by an expert committee.
Shortlisted individuals/ teams will be announced by late Apni and will proceed to the next stage.
Five finalists will be selected to present their proposals live at the virtual youth summit in June.