Join the league of next-generation African change facilitators in development research and policymaking by signing up for the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program for a unique opportunity to benefit from research and innovation in multiple sectors to achieve inclusive growth and reduce poverty in developing countries.
Selected fellows will receive an offer of a 6-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in-country offices to gain firsthand experience in the operations and activities of the WBG.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Selected applicants in the WBG Africa Fellowship Program will receive:
- An offer of a 6-month assignment as short-term consultants starting January 2021
- Consultant fees
- Paid round-trip economy class flight to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Work access to participate in research, develop economic policy, technical assistance, and formulate operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eradicating poverty and increasing shared prosperity
To be eligible for this fellowship, the applicant:
- Must be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) OR
- Enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program OR
- Recently graduated
- Must be Sub-Saharan Africa nationals
- Must be under the age of 32 by August 23, 2020
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English language
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program is a scheme focused on major areas of developments in developing regions while also providing support to outstanding African citizens whose areas of expertise are relevant to the World Bank’s work.
Since its inception, the fellowship program has been dedicated to assembling a strong community of young African talent interested in a career in development, international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
The program provides selected fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or country offices to witness physically the operations of the WBG. These operations include knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
All activities and operations carried out by fellows will contribute to the World Bank Group’s goal of eradicating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications will no longer be accepted by August 23, 2020
The fellowship will commence by January 2021
The selection process is in 2 phases:
- 1st phase: Short-listed candidates will be made available for hire for the different units of the WBG depending on applicants’ area of expertise.
- 2nd phase: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application, whether they have been shortlisted or not.
Selected candidates will be notified and, upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2021.
The fellowship will take place at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or country offices