Are you an outstanding doctoral scientist or engineer at the early point of your career?
Then apply for the Walter Massey fellowship 2021 for outstanding scientists and engineers, and enjoy full employment benefits and a stipend for research support.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Fellows will receive a competitive salary, full employments benefits, and a stipend for research support
- Fellows may renew their appointments on an annual basis for up to 3 years, with the possibility of retention if of mutual interest to the fellow and Argonne.
- Ph.D. conferred within three years at the time of application or completion of Ph.D. requirements by commencement of appointment
- Evidence of academic achievement with potential for technical and research leadership
- Research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission.
- Interest in leadership and service as evidenced through community outreach, activities to advance diversity, equity and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Creativity and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To be considered for the Walter Massey Fellowship, candidates must apply through Requisition 409484.
Applicants must read the applicant instructions before applying. The instructions contain guidance for completing the research proposal and biosketch templates, as well as tips for letters of recommendation and preparing your CV.
Briefly, complete application packages will include:
- Research proposal and project plan submitted using the research proposal template
- Biosketch submitted using the biosketch template.
- Three letters of recommendation
- CV to be uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts: Refer to applicant instructions for acceptable format.
Click here to apply
Proposals must align with Argonne or DOE missions
Proposals from all areas of STEM that align with Argonne and DOE missions will be considered. Proposals in the area of climate change mitigation such as AI for climate modeling, energy storage for decarbonization, and decision science for climate threat resilience are encouraged.
About the Walter Massey Fellowship
The Walter Massey Fellowship is awarded to outstanding scientists and engineers who have recently received their Ph.D. or are in the process of completing degree requirements. This fellowship was established in honor of Argonne’s first Black laboratory director, Dr. Walter Massey, who is a distinguished advocate of equity in science and education. Walter Massey Fellows will pursue independent research that supports Argonne purpose: make game-changing discoveries and inspire new technology to meet national needs for sustainable energy, economic competitiveness, and security.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this fellowship and those who can demonstrate leadership in the areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are encouraged to apply.
The first two years of the fellowship are funded 100% by Argonne’s Laboratory Directed Research Development (LDRD) Program
The third year is funded 50% by LDRD and 50% by other programs identified by the fellow and the host division