If you are a female student who is African and specializes in STEM fields, apply for the WAAW Foundation’s 2020/2021 scholarships, for a chance to receive $500 to ease financial challenges in your studies.
Successful students will receive the monetary award and also start a STEM outreach chapter in their institutions.
Application Deadline: November 2020.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Selected undergraduate female African students will be awarded up to $500 need-based funding.
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria before applying:
- Female students of African origin, residing and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply.
And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
- This program does not fund
- Graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs,
- Second or subsequent degrees,
- Students older than 32 years,
- Non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
- List of eligible and non-eligible courses include:
- Engineering courses,
- Computer Science,
- Construction Technology,
- Food Science Technology,
- Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics,
- Industrial Chemistry,
- Math related fields,
- Natural Science,
- Science related fields,
- Non-eligible courses include:
- BA degree,
- Banking and Finance,
- Business Administration,
- Business Statistics,
- Community Health,
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery,
- Developmental Studies,
- Finance and Operation Research,
- Financial Management,
- Gender Studies,
- Graphics Design,
- Guidance & Counseling,
- Health Education,
- Health Information Management,
- Health Sciences Management,
- International Finance,
- International Relations,
- Library and Information Sciences,
- Mass Communication,
- Medical Lab Science,
- Medicine and Surgery,
- National Diploma,
- Nature Conservation,
- Political science,
- Project Management,
- Prosthetics and Orthotics,
- Public Administration,
- Public Health,
- Real Estate,
- Recreation and Leisure Management,
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning,
- Secondary Studies,
- Secretarial Studies,
- Social Science,
- Social Science in Economics,
- Supplies Chain Management,
- Textile Technology,
- Tourism and Hospitality Management,
- Veterinary Medicine.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional item:
- 2 references;
- one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study, and
- the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to WAAW.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to WAAW.
- 2 references;
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Click here for FAQs to learn more about the program.
- Submit an application that includes the following:
- The complete application form.
- Your Personal and Contact Information.
- Your Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need describing why you need scholarship funds and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essays where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date?
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Explain your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references.
Note: recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
- Click here to begin your application.
About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021
The 2020/2021 WAAW Foundation scholarships are focused on providing for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Annually, the WAAW Foundation awards scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University.