Participate in this year’s UONGOZI Leadership Essay Competition, and you could be one of five lucky winners.
If you win overall, you are awarded the prize of USD $2,000.
Join the competition, and partake in a world of phenomenal life-altering literary works.
See below for details on how to apply, tips on writing the essay, eligibility, and deadline.
Application Deadline: July 10, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
For the overall winner/winners:
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner.
- Up to five winners will be selected.
- The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the ALF in July 2020. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia, and civil society.
- The overall winning essay will be read by the overall winner
To qualify for the essay contest, applicants:
- Must be African citizens
- Must be between 18-25 years of age.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the competition
- The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
- All essays must be typed. The maximum length is two (2) A4 pages. The format shall be of single-spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights. (See here for details on the statement of originality)
- Essays should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Guidelines on writing the essay
About Uongozi Institute Leadership Essay Competition
The Leadership Essay Competition is an annual contest organized by the UONGOZI Institute to provide a space for African youths and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
In tune with previous years’ contests, this year’s topic is targeted at sharing thoughts and creating aspirational thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF).
Since 2013, seven Competitions have been organized.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The final deadline for submission is Friday, 10 July 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT).
All winners of the essay competition will be notified via email in the 3rd week of July 2020.
Essays submitted by the due date will be assessed on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language, and appropriateness to the theme of the contest.
Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.