Sign up for the UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge 2020 for a chance to get involved in promoting tourism in Africa.
In the wake of an unprecedented pandemic, ambitious individuals with sustainable and innovative solutions are being asked to be a part of shaping the new normal by molding Africa’s positive narratives into a strong destination brand that will contribute to boosting traveler’s confidence in Africa as a tourism destination.
Basically if you are a marketing, branding, or digital expert or just a change maker, come up with a feasible branding campaign that portrays Africa as a viable option for International travelers/tourists. If you are selected, you get to work closely with UNWTO to develop these proposed solutions.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Benefits granted to successful applicants in the challenge include:
- Close working relationship with UNWTO Agenda for Africa
- Access to setting up the campaign with the UNWTO Secretary-General
- Access to a platform to speak at the UNWTO General Assembly in 2021
- Access to be at the forefront of promoting and support tourism in Africa
- Access to a network of UNWTO African Member States (Ministries of Tourism) and the global tourism sector at large
- Becoming a part of the global UNWTO innovation group
- Access to a network of potential investors and other opportunities
The challenge is open to
- Anyone who cares about Africa and wants to make a difference
- Marketing, communication, advertising, and branding firms or group of companies, start-ups and innovators, marketers, designers, brand experts, and digital experts.
Requirements for proposals
Proposals are required to meet the following criteria:
- Innovative and inspiring in nature
- Centered on Africa but adapted regionally and to individual countries
- Structured in a recovery context of the present pandemic
- Integrate innovative technologies and digital tools (mobile technologies, virtual reality, IoT, and the like)
- Available to possible public-private partnerships
- Emphasize continuity and community engagement
- Support the economic growth of Africa and strategies to attract investment.
- Visualize and pay homage to Africa´s rich and diverse culture
- Portray and celebrate Africa´s innovations and achievements
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency in charge of developing and managing responsible, sustainable and accessible tourism. It’s focused on overcoming the urgent challenges facing tourism.
As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a force of economic growth, inclusive development, and environmental sustainability.
The UNWTO Inspiration Africa Branding Challenge is based on finding smart solutions to making tourism smarter through celebrating innovation and leading the digital transformation of the sector.
The challenge also aims to make tourism more competitive at every level, create better job opportunities, and provide relevant training to facilitators.
The 2020 edition of the challenge incorporates the relevance of the global pandemic and its effect on tourism. The challenge seeks to create a synergy between key players and facilitators to work together and reestablish the resilient and dynamic nature of African tourism.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission of applications/proposals is 8th August 2020
Short-listed proposals will be announced on the 1st of September 2020
Winners will be announced by October 2020
Submissions are reviewed and assessed on the basis of:
- creative concept
- sample communication materials
All applications are screened and reviewed by UNWTO’s Experts committee.
10 finalists will be shortlisted.
Successful Contestants in the challenge will get to attend and speak at the in-person UNWTO General Assembly in 2021