Sign up now to participate in the 3rd edition of the Migration Youth Forum and 1st edition of the Youth Leadership & Innovation Award for Migration set to take place in JANUARY 2021.
Participants in the 2021 edition of the Youth summit will discuss issues revolving around global migration governance with critical stakeholders such as government officials, business leaders, and civil society stakeholders.
Youth-led initiatives improving young migrants’ lives in their community and participants who present existing solutions to issues around migration and development will be recognized and rewarded in the 1st edition of the Youth Leadership and Innovation Award for Migration.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The Migration Youth Forum will provide
- A safe space for peer-to-peer learning on the importance of the GFMD and how to contribute to it effectively
- A reliable network of support during the days of the Summit.
- An opportunity to network and connect in a community of like-minded young people
Additionally, the Youth Leadership and Innovation Award for Migration will promote selected initiatives by providing:
- A two months mentorship program
- Seed funding for their initiative (TBC)
- An invitation to participate in the Youth Forum and be part of the GFMD process.
To be eligible for the Migration Youth Forum, the applicant must
- Be aged under 31
- Passionate about issues surrounding migration and development
- Have a track record of relevant leadership, research, or community impact in this field
- Be leading or be part of a youth-led organization or social innovation initiative, making a change for young migrants in your community with a promise of replication/growth
- Be passionate about joining in to shape the future of migration.
Application for the Youth Leadership and Innovation Award For Migration is open to
- Young entrepreneurs
- Young leaders
- Youth-led start-ups and organizations
- Seventy (70) young people, including young migrants and refugees, representatives of civil society organizations led by or working for youth, researchers, entrepreneurs, professionals, volunteers, activists, leaders, firmly committed to working with and for migrants in their communities will be at the Youth Forum.
- The Migration Youth Forum will be held right before the XIII Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) Summit.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
There is only one application form in which applicants will be asked to indicate whether their primary interest is the Youth Forum or the Innovation Award.
Applicants who apply for the Award will also be automatically considered for the Youth Forum.
- Click here to learn more information about the Youth Forum.
- Click here to learn more about the Innovation Challenge.
- Read more about the innovation and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Click here to apply
- Click here to apply for financial support
About the UNMGCY Migration Youth Forum and Youth Innovation Award
Since 2007, the annual Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) summit has evolved from being a government-only process to a state-led, informal, and non-binding process which helps shape the global debate on migration and development.
The GFMD is a multi-stakeholder initiative fusing national governments, civil society, the private sector, cities, local/regional governments.
To discuss common migration policy priorities and actions at the GFMD, the UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY), in partnership with UNICEF AND IOM, organized the Migration Youth Forum and the Youth Leadership and Innovation Award for Migration.
With the UNMGCY and its partnership with IOM and UNICEF, youths have been actively engaged in the GFMD since 2018.
The Youth Forum serves as a platform to promote policies reflecting the priorities and needs of young people. The forum also encourages Youth engagement and participation in global migration governance as the youth perspective is important.
The initiative aims to involve youths as much as possible in the GFMD process when discussing the future of human mobility, as many of them have been at the front face of this crisis – implementing solutions for empowering and supporting young people on the move.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applications is the 30th of September 2020.
The Youth Forum will take place by January 2021.
Selection will be made to favor a balanced representation and an inclusive forum when it comes to gender, age, socio-economic background, culture, religion, ethnicity, and geography.
Due to the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Youth Forum will be carried out virtually.
If the pandemic state by 2021 allows it, the forum will be in-person by January 2021 in the UAE.