Are you a Doctoral candidate of any discipline with an approved dissertation proposal in the area of radical political economics?
Then the Union for Radical Economics (URPE) Dissertation Fellowship 2021 is just for you. Here, You would be opportuned to win a sum of $6500 to support your dissertation writing for a whole year.
Application Deadline: May 31 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
The URPE dissertation fellow will receive $6500 to support their dissertation writing during the 2020-2021 academic year.
URPE invites doctoral candidates in any discipline with an approved dissertation proposal in the area of radical political economics to apply for the URPE Dissertation Fellowship
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter describing their background in radical political economics and explaining how the fellowship would contribute to the completion of their dissertation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Their approved dissertation proposal;
- Two letters of reference (one of which should be from the dissertation committee chair).
About the Union for Radical Economics (URPE) Dissertation Fellowship
Founded in 1968, The Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE) is an interdisciplinary membership organization of academics and of activists. Its mission is to promote the study, development and application of radical political economic analysis to social problems. Concretely this involves a continuing critique of both the capitalist system, and of all forms of exploitation and oppression. URPE’s mission also includes, coming out of this critique, helping to construct a progressive social policy, and a human-centered radical alternative to capitalism.
URPE is a membership organization of thinkers and doers. We are a unique mixture of the theoretical and the practical, the academic and the activist.
We are an international, interdisciplinary association. Our members come from a wide range of theoretical traditions and engage in many different forms of political activity. We provide a supportive environment for students, teachers and practitioners of radical political economics.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- The 2018 URPE Dissertation Fellow is Samantha E. Sterba, Ph.D. candidate, Department of Economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- The 2019 URPE Dissertation Fellow is Ivan Rubinić, doctoral candidate, Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana (Republic of Slovenia).
- The 2020 Dissertation Fellow is Srishti Yadav, doctoral candidate in the Department of Economics at the New School for Social Research.