For Content Creators all over the world, the 2020 UNICEF Youth Mediathon set to take place in October 2020 is your chance to improve your skills as a content creator and ease uncertainties about your next steps in life.
In an online event, 60 selected creators will join a Zoom call to learn storytelling skills from top content creators, receive mentorship from experts in relevant fields, and have their works leading content platforms.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The UNICEF Youth Mediathon will grant all participants the opportunity to share their vision for a changed world and grow as content creators.
Other benefits successful applicants will receive include:
- Participation in an online workshop with leading international partners
- Mentorship and training from experienced professionals in related creative fields
- Opportunity to network and connect with other young changemakers from around the world
- Publication of their works on Voices of Youth and other leading content platforms
To be considered for the UNICEF Youth Mediathon 2020, you must:
- Be a content creator (a writer, illustrator, social media creator, photographer, radio producer, etc.) with prior experience in content creation.
- Be aged between 16-24
- Be fluent in either English or Spanish.
- Have access to an internet connection (as all of the sessions will be conducted virtually)
- In order to ensure inclusive and diversified participation, the following set of individuals are especially urged to apply-
- With disabilities
- From indigenous groups
- Identify as LGBTQ
- Migrants or refugees.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the UNICEF Youth Mediathon
In the wake of COVID-19, the UNICEF Youth Mediathon is a digital event organized by UNICEF to support young creators who believe in building a better world to advance their professional and personal growth.
It is focused on helping content creators to share their vision with a bigger audience and improve their skills.
The Mediathon is an initiative launched off the realization that a lot of young people are uncertain about their next steps in life due to several factors such as disrupted schooling, increased anxiety, the challenges of finding their first job in a recession and standing up for racial justice.
This initiative will be a medium for young Changemakers to tell leaders what change they want to see and help other young people understand and take action.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications will close by September 15th, 2020.
All selected participants will be notified of their selection during the last week of September.
The event will take place for two days on October 23 and 24, 2020.
All applications will be reviewed, and the Voices of Youth team will select 60 creators from around the world.
All of the sessions will be conducted virtually.
The two-day Mediathon will involve young creators worldwide who will work in digital groups of 4-6 to execute one project per team – be it a podcast, a video series on social media, a suite of blogs, a comic strip, or a photo essay.
Each team will work with a mentor under one of the proposed themes:
- Reimagining the Future of Work and Education
- Reimagining a More Sustainable World
- Reimagining the Future of Wellbeing
- Reimagining a Future Without Discrimination