For individuals and organizations promoting the inclusion of persons with disabilities through the application of digital solutions, resources and technologies, apply for the UNESCO/Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Prize to be recognized for your exceptional contributions.
Winning individuals and organizations will receive a total monetary prize of USD40,000 with direct thematic linkages to other UNESCO’s major programs.
Application Deadline: September 2, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Winners of the 2020 UNESCO/Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Prize will be offered:
- A Cash Prize of US$40,000 available biennially in 2020/2021 distributed evenly to:
- An Individual Person
- An Organization.
- Publication of the Prize-winning accomplishment and an invitation to work closely with UNESCO to enhance and promote the winners’ continued activities in the digital empowerment of persons with disabilities.
You are eligible to apply for the prize if you are:
- An individual applying either individually, or representing a group of people
- An Organization(an institution, non-governmental organization or other public or private entity)
- Has been active in the field of digitally empowering persons with Disabilities for a minimum of five years
- Has evidenced results from your efforts and activities.
- Recipients of previous editions of the UNESCO/Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, or the UNESCO/Emir Jaber al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah Prize to Promote Quality Education for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities are not eligible to apply.
- Previous applicants can submit an application.
- Employees of UNESCO,present and previous Jurors for this Prize are not eligible to apply.
- Only one application may be submitted by one individual, or by an organization. Multiple applications from a single organization will lead to disqualification. Likewise, should both an individual and the organization which employs that individual apply, both the individual and the organization will be excluded.
- Projects or programs are not eligible for application.
- Nominations are acceptable.
- Applicants are urged to justify their choice of digital resources, resources and technologies.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply, follow the instructions in the foregoing:
- All applications must be submitted in the English or French languages and on the application form specified.
- Read the procedures stipulated in the UNESCO’s Statutes for the Prize.
- Follow the application Guidelines
- Submissions should be made electronically, but if impossible, use the postal application method to:
- 3 December Event,
125, avenue de Suffren,
- For the Disabled People: Entrance by 7, place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France.
- Click here to nominate
About the UNESCO/Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
The UNESCO/Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities was established to celebrate and honor the contributions of individuals and organizations in promoting the inclusion of persons with disabilities through the application of digital solutions, resources, and technologies.
Over a billion persons with disabilities exist in the world, and sadly their existence is impeded by inadequate legal frameworks to protect their rights, as well as a lack of opportunities to access information and knowledge, and the benefits of scientific and technological development.
The Prize builds on three thematic axes of importance in UNESCO’s work with persons with disabilities, including immediate response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Formulating policy, advocacy, co-operation and partnerships
- Creating and developing digital solutions, enabling environments and processes, including tools and resources
- Building and strengthening the capacities of people to create, adapt and use digital solutions in a cost-efficient and sustainable manner.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission is 2nd September 2020.
National Endorsement will take place by 15th September 2020.
Jury Assessment will take place between September to October 2020.
The results will be announced by November 2020.
The Award Ceremony will take place by 3 December 2020.
Dissemination will take place between January to December 2021.
Winners will be selected by the Director-General of UNESCO on the basis of the assessments and recommendations made by a Jury.
Successful individuals and organizations will usually have undertaken a series of relevant projects and programs, developed appropriate tools or resources, and enhanced cooperation and partnerships that will contribute to their achievements, but it is the overall personal or organizational contribution that will be assessed.