Submit your unique and original images taken during this pandemic depicting nature in a restful state for this photo contest and help the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe propagate the global message on sustainability.
Entries will be published and promoted on a web-based gallery, while the best 13 photographs will be used to illustrate a 2021 calendar of the UNECE.
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- Participants in this contest will have their photographs published in a web-based gallery and social media accounts, as well as being promoted by the United Nations.
- The best 13 photographs will be used to illustrate a 2021 calendar of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe which will be widely distributed among delegates worldwide, and a photography exhibition which will be organized in the Palais des Nations in Geneva in autumn 2020 to celebrate and promote the start of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
- Your photographs will be used to resound the chime of change on the need to use natural resources in a more sustainable manner and preserve the environment.
The criteria for entering the Contest is originality.
The photographs must be originally taken by the participants
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Each contestant’s submission must not exceed 3 photographs
- All photographs submitted must be in JPEG format, other formats will not be accepted
- Zip files will not be accepted or opened
- Photographs submitted must be in high resolution, with size not exceeding 20 MB
- Submit your photographs and provide your information here.
About the UNECE “Humans Locked Down, Nature Unlocked” Global Photo Contest 2020
The unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak has been catastrophic to human lives and the economy. Resulting in lockdown, the need to promote biodiversity and restore the ecosystems has been realized.
The sights of nature undisturbed and free from regular human activities radiated beauty. Candid photographs of animals walking through streets, birds settling in gardens, butterflies fluttering without any bother, and plants growing in the cracks of empty streets have been taken and circulated. Images like these are priceless and monumental.
Organized by The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe(UNECE) based in Geneva, this contest is focused on rounding up these pictures that express more than words could, and using them to promote the message of taking urgent action to protect and restore species’ natural habitats, use natural resources in a more sustainable manner, and preserve the environment.
This call for change is vital to a healthier environment for humans, in which nature can develop without disruption.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission is the 15th of September, 2020.
All Entries will be evaluated by a panel of members of
- The UNECE Committee on Forests and the Forest Industry
- The UNECE Committee on Environmental Policy
- A nature photographer
Selections will be made based on the following criteria:
- Technical quality
- Visual impact
- The originality of the photograph