Are you science and engineering graduate looking to get a Ph.D. at an African institution, then you should apply for the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa Programme.
The Ph.D. candidates benefiting from this program will be jointly supervised by a professor of an African institution and by an EPFL professor.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Selected applicants get funding of a maximum of 80,000 Swiss Francs in total for a period of at most 54 months.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living Allowance: A living allowance for the PhD fellow, which must be in line with the standard documented practices of the home institution.
- Tuition Cost: Tuition costs may be included in the budget if there is written confirmation from the home institution that tuition fees apply for all PhD candidates.
- Research Cost
- Consumables and direct costs for the use of infrastructure at the home institution or at EPFL
- Open science costs: costs for data storage and for granting access to data (open research data) and open access publication costs.
- Conference,summer school and workshop costs for the PhD fellow. namely travel (economy class airfares, public ground transportation), lodging, visa vaccinations, meals, and (if applicable) conference registration fees.
- Travel costs for the summer schools will be included.
- Cost Related to Joint Supervision:
- Travel costs for the PhD fellow to and from EPFL (economy class airfares, public ground transportation).
- A supplementary living allowance for stay(s) at EPFL
- Travel costs to and from the African home institution and EPFL for the supervisor and Co-supervisor of the PhD fellow (economy class airfares, public ground transportation, lodging, and meals).
- Other costs incurred by the joint leg Joint supervision participation in a conference, other costs related to stays at EPFL).
The program is open to applicants who:
- Are nationals of an African country.
- Hold a Master’s degree awarded after January 1, 2018 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master study.
- Have an outstanding academic track record.
Requirements/Terms and Conditions
- During the fellowship, the PhD fellow must participate in two summer schools organised by UM6P at Ben Guerir Campus in Morocco.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of a professor of an African Institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an African academic institution and reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa Programme
The UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa Programme is one of the three pillars of the Excellence in Africa initiative. It is designed to fund science and engineering graduates intending to complete a Ph.D. at an African higher education institution
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applications is the 20th of April 2021.
Pre-selected applicants should be interviewed by their potential EPFL co-supervisor between the 22nd of June 2021 and the 6th of August 2021.
Results are expected by September 2021.
Applicants who are pre-selected will be interviewed by their potential EPFL co-supervisor.