If you are a woman scientist from a Least Developed Country (LDC), then you should apply for the TWAS-Samira Omar Innovation Award 2021.
The award will honor a woman scientist working in an area relevant to sustainability.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Winner receives a cash award of USD4,000
The contest is open to Women who are :
- Nationals of a Least Developing Country (LDC).
- Living and working in a LDC during the last two years immediately prior to her nomination.
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- The same nominee cannot be nominated for more than one “Fellows of TWAS Awards in a given year.
- The secretariat retains the right to bring to the attention of the relevant nominators that the nomination may be suitable for another award
- The final decision whether or not to shift the nomination will be taken by the nominators themselves.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
A nomination is considered complete only if it includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e, the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003.
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution.
- N.B: Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context.
- Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work.
- Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding Institution
- Brief information on awards and honours received
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an Internationally acceptable format
Nomination is based on scientific achievements in any of the thematic areas below:
- Clean and renewable energy
- Green chemistry.
- Sustainable agriculture and agrobiodiversity
- Plastic degradation, pollution and microplastics.
- Water purification and sanitation
- Climate change:environmental effects, methane contribution, carbon capture.
- Transportation technologies: efficiency for smart cities.
- Waste management
- Biodiversity: the sixth mass extinction, ecosystem services, habitat recovery and restoration.
- Ecological economics and planetary health.
Click here to nominate
About the TWAS-Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award
TWAS-Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award 2021 named after the TWAS Fellow Samira Omar, recognizes scientists from Least Developed Countries (LDCs). The 2021 award will honour a woman scientist working in an area relevant to sustainability.