Apply for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 open to young scientists from developing countries to pursue advanced research in Biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Spanning for a period of 12 to 24 months, TWAS-BIOTEC fellowship enables postdoctoral researchers from developing countries in their pursuit of scientific discovery.
Sign up now for a chance to secure one of two available positions in the postdoctoral program, with benefits like allowances included.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
BIOTEC fellows in the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme will receive
- Advanced research in biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
- A regular allowance every month for the purpose of living expenses such as accommodation and feeding for the duration of the fellowship
- Access to a community of scientists who prioritizes the advancement of science
The fellowship is open to applicants who fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Applicants must not hold any visa, temporary or permanent, for residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the 2 postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units. Click here to read more about the positions.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years of age by the date of the submission of their application.
- Applicants must be steadily employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
The primary language of instruction is English. Applicants vying for the fellowship positions are required to:
- Apply for the fellowship within 3 years of having obtained a Ph.D. degree in a field of the natural sciences stated above.
- Provide an official acceptance letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must attach to their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy respectively of:
- their CV,
- a research proposal outline,
- doctorate degree transcript,
- abstract of dissertation,
- a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Here’s a sample of the preliminary acceptance letter
- Provide proof of linguistic competence in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide proof stating that they will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship
- Steer clear of taking up other assignments during the period of their fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants may apply for only one program per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio.
Applicants are required to submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying, preferably way before the deadline. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Late/Incomplete/Incorrect applications will not be considered, so applicants can download the Online Application Form tutorial for a step by step guidelines
- Interested applicants who satisfy all application requirements should click here to submit their applications.
Note that Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs. One exception: The head of an institution that invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs may still apply for another program.
About TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is an initiative committed to the cultivation of universal, inclusive, and progressive biotechnology research.
An annual research project, it facilitates postdoctoral researchers in their pursuit of advanced research in biotechnology.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2020/2021 will run for a period of 12 to 24 months. The fellowship has 2 slots offered to postdoctoral researchers in the areas of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Application submissions will close by 31st August 2020
Applicants are reviewed against a background of evidenced passion for the discipline, academic and non-academic qualifications.
The fellowship is hosted by the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
TWAS is supported by a constellation of partners who share similar goals of advancing and promoting science.
Although characterized by different operational models, TWAS works closely with its network of partners to bring change into effect.
Partner Organizations include:
- Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand
- Vienna School of International Studies – Diplomatische Akademie Wien
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- SISSA – Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati
- Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei
- Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM)
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Islamic Development Bank
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
- Department of Science and Technology (DST), India
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India
- The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
- Brazilian Council for Scientific and Technological Development
- Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology
- Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World
- Science Initiative Group
- Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- World Meteorological Organization
- Mexican National Council for Science and Technology
- Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative
- National Council on Science and Technology, Mexico
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Royal Society
- The Elsevier Foundation
- International Mathematical Union (IMU)
- German Research Foundation
- Ministry of Science and Technology of Argentina
- International Development Research Centre
- Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, Pakistan
- Academy of Science of South Africa
- National Council for S&T Research, Argentina
- Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences
- International Science Council
- African Union
- The InterAcademy Partnership
- Ministerial Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation of the OIC (COMSTECH)
- International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, Pakistan
- Global Young Academy
- French Foundation for Rare Diseases
- Fondazione Internazionale Trieste (FIT)
- National Centre for Physics, Pakistan
- Global Research Council
- Brazilian Academy of Sciences
- National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa
- International Science, Technology and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation
- African Academy of Sciences
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- Chinese Academy of Sciences