Apply for the 2020 tve Global Sustainability Film Awards to receive recognition for your outstanding films across different categories.
Open to films from the business, non-profit, media and creative sectors that inspire audiences with real-world solutions for a more sustainable future, the GSFA will utilize selected films to promote credible solutions-oriented storytelling about environmental and sustainability issues.
Winning films will be awarded on the quality of their storytelling and the credibility of the sustainability solutions they depict.
Application Deadline: September 28, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Winning entries will receive awards and prizes across the following award categories:
- Young Filmmaker Award
- Doing Business Differently Short Film Award
- Inspiring Your Workforce Short Film Award
- Innovations Short Film Award
- Health and the Environment Short Film Award
- Transforming Society Short Film Award
- Campaigning Short Film Award
- Solutions News Story Award
- Documentary Impact Award
The tve Global Film Sustainability Awards is a competition that is open to any company, organisation or individual from any country-
- With original and creative productions
- With films made between July 1, 2018 to July 5, 2020.
- Submissions are welcome from businesses and organizations, as well as filmmakers, creatives and other storytellers from all around the world as long as the films focus on delivering sustainable solutions that are relevant in today’s context.
- Vital teachings drawn from the winning films will be made publicly available to encourage the sharing of sustainable solutions and impact-driven film communications for the planet.
- All films to be submitted must be original and creative productions by or about the participating organization.
- All filmmakers must ensure that they have received clearance from the rights holders of all archive film, stills and music used in the film.
- Entrants must ensure they have written permission for use of copyrighted or trademarked materials included in the film.
- Submissions must not infringe the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, or otherwise be unlawful.
The organizers will not be responsible for any rights not cleared in the films that are screened as part of the tve Global Sustainability Awards.
- All films must be entered for one of the nine competitive categories along with the entry fee which are specified in the Categories and Entry Fee section.
- Films entered for all categories should not exceed a 15 minutes duration except for the entries for the Documentary Impact Award category, which is open to feature or broadcast documentaries of at least 30 minutes.
- Films that have had private, unpublicized screenings can also be submitted.
- Films that have been entered for this award in a previous year cannot be resubmitted this year
- Entries for the GSFA 2020, along with the entry fees must be made through the Film Freeway website.
- By entering the Awards, applicants grant to tve, and its affiliates
- A worldwide royalty-free, non-exclusive right to record, edit, use, reproduce, screen and distribute, extracts of up to 3 minutes duration in the following media: film, television, online, electronic or by any other means currently known or yet to be devised.
- The right to share submissions with judging panels, delegates, media and other constituencies associated with and participating in GSFA 2020.
- Entry fees once paid are not refundable.
Refunds will not be made for films that are disqualified.
- The organizers are entitled without liability to change the rules and terms of the competition during any stage or cancel the awards.
- The competition is governed by and subject to the laws of England and Wales. The decisions of tve are final and binding in all discretionary matters relating to this competition.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the tve Global Sustainability Film Awards,
- Submit a film in any of the following categories:
Competitive Award Categories-
- Young Filmmaker Award: Awarded to the best film under 15 minutes on a sustainability issue by a filmmaker under the age of 35, with a focus on films that bring to light underrepresented voices or issues. The films will be judged both by the quality of their film-making and the significance and credibility of the story depicted.
- Doing Business Differently Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that best explains how a company has changed their core business to become more sustainable, for example by improving their supply chain, reducing their carbon emissions, eliminating waste, changing their financial model, or reducing their impact on biodiversity The films will be judged both on the quality of its storytelling as well as the credibility and impact of the sustainability initiative it depicts.
- Inspiring Your Workforce Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that best inspires action to promote sustainability and/or equality within a company or organisation, for example, by promoting behavior change to reduce plastic use or carbon emissions or encouraging the embedding of sustainability into employee’s core work.
- Innovations Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that best highlights a new innovation, for example in AI, digital technology, alternative materials, clean energy or new production processes, with the potential for driving sustainability at scale. The films will be judged both on the quality of the storytelling as well as the credibility and potential impact of the sustainability innovation depicted.
- Health And The Environment Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that best explains the links between the environment and human health, including but not limited to the Covid-19 pandemic, mental health, and nutrition. The films will be judged by the quality of the storytelling as well as the credibility and importance of the issues depicted.
- Transforming Society Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that highlights initiatives or ideas to transform society and the way we live to become more sustainable and just world, for example through changes in our economic model, the way we grow our food, consume and work, govern our societies, or build our cities and other infrastructure.
- Campaigning Short Film Award: Awarded to the film under 15 minutes that most effectively inspires action in support of a more sustainable and just world, for example by driving political, corporate, social or individual behaviour change. The films will be judged by the quality of the storytelling as well as on evidence of their impact.
- Solutions News Story Short Film Award: Awarded to the best broadcast or online video news story under 15 minutes about a sustainable solution. Films will be judged both on the quality of the journalism as well as the potential impact of the solution depicted.
- Documentary Impact Award: Awarded to the documentary that has had the most impact in helping build a more sustainable future for people and planet, for example by driving political, corporate, social or individual behaviour change. Both feature and broadcast films are eligible. The films will be judged both on the quality of the storytelling as well as on evidence of their impact in driving real-world change.
Nominated Award Category-
- Founder’s Award Sustainability on The Big Screen: Awarded to a feature film that best tackles sustainability issues in a new and innovative way. The films will be judged by the quality of their storytelling, the creativity of its approach, and the credibility of its sustainability message.
- Entries can only be submitted in English. Films originally made in other languages must be subtitled or dubbed into English. Dialogue lists are not acceptable.
- Click here to submit on film freeway
About the tve Global Sustainability Film Awards
tve is the trading name of Television for the Environment. Television for the Environment is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
The tve Global Sustainability Film Awards (GSFA) publicly celebrates outstanding films from the business, non-profit, media and creative sectors that inspire audiences with real-world solutions for a more sustainable future.
The award is dedicated to promoting effective storytelling about environmental and sustainability issues.
The different categories recognize different types of storytelling formats which speak to different audiences.
The tve Global Sustainability Films Awards aims to empower film as a powerful tool for helping raise awareness, shifting public opinion, and inspiring action to bring about positive change and growth in societies.
The 2020 tve Global Sustainability Film Awards will also feature a new focus on youth, with the addition of a Young Filmmakers Award.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Submission of Entries will close by the deadline of 1pm GMT on Monday September 28, 2020.
Shortlisted films will be announced on the 26th of October, 2020.
The final winners will be announced via a live virtual Awards event over five days from 16th November to 20th November, 2020.
The winning films will be selected by a tve-appointed independent shortlisting panel and judging panel, composed of both sustainability specialists and film/communications experts.
Entries will be evaluated based on the quality of storytelling and the credibility of the sustainability solutions they depict.
The Shortlisting Panels and the Final Judging Panel will evaluate the entries on the following five criteria:
- Sustainability Relevance: Does the film address a relevant sustainable development goal and effectively depict a relevant solution?
- Creative Execution: How effective was the creative and technical execution of entered films, considering elements such as visual style, structure, camerawork and story narration?
- Engagement: How effective overall was the film’s storytelling in engaging the target audience and using the medium’s potential to the fullest?
- Credibility: Do the solutions and/or initiatives depicted reflect credible sustainability solutions and how significant is their potential for driving change?
- Impact: Did the film effectively deliver its message to its target audience and did it achieve its intended impact, for example changing behavior, shifting opinions, or driving action?
The evaluation and decision of the shortlisting panels and the final judging panel will be final and binding for all participants.
The 2020 Global Sustainability Film Awards will be held online with media support from Difficult Dialogues.
The awards event will span across five days, and will run in conjunction with engaging dialogues and debates about the environment.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The tve Global Sustainability Film Awards is organized by tve, a UK-registered charity organization, founded by the United Nations Environment Program, WWF-UK, and Central Television.
The awards program is also supported by Difficult Dialogues, an India-based organization running for its 6th year in its task of bringing together diverse stakeholders.