Sign up for the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme for a chance to participate in groundbreaking industrial science, research and innovation.
Successful Entrepreneurs in Residence will be granted the opportunity to spend one day a week at a university working on solution-oriented projects, while receiving a moderate salary to cover travel and research related expenses.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The scheme will provide
- The EiR awards for one year.
- Funding of up to £20,000 (including VAT) to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the awardee’s current salary
- Travel, project-related expenses, and accommodation if applicable.
The program is open to applicants of any nationality who
- Are eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the award.
- Have a background in science and engineering
- Are able to demonstrate significant working experience in science in an industrial research context, and one or more of the following:
- experience of managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialisation of research
- experience of entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment etc
- experience or interest in training, coaching or mentoring
- Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
- The scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
- Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops and training.
- Recipients of the award will spend 20% of their working time with the organizers.
- The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) Scheme 2020
The oldest scientific academy in existence, the Royal Society is a Fellowship of some of the world’s most eminent scientists.
Currently funded by the Royal Society, the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme is part of the Science, Industry and Translation program.
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme seeks to promote the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of groundbreaking industrial science, research and innovation.
The scheme grants talented, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs, the opportunity to spend time at a university developing any project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development