Apply for this internship opportunity to receive direct access and firsthand exposure to the day-to-day operations of the international organization, OPEC Fund.
Interns selected for the program will be assigned to different departments depending on their interests and qualifications, will receive education on the operations of different sectors, and undertake assignments that will help them develop skills and innovative approaches to tackling challenges.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Selected Interns in the program will receive:
- Assignment to diverse OPEC Fund departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications
- Access to a framework of support focused on enriching their work experience;
- Access to a full experience and perks of working for an international organization
- The opportunity to understand the OPEC Fund’s mandates.
- The opportunity to acquire training in one or more of the following
- Public sector operations
- Private sector and trade finance operations
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Strategic planning and economic services
- Internal audit
- Human resources
- Legal services
- Information technology.
The Internship is open to
- Applicants currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (having completed at least 2 years) or graduate program aged between 19 to 25 years
- Applicants who may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline aged between 19 to 25 years
That fulfill the following criteria:
- Fluent in the English language. Knowledge of an additional language (such as French, Spanish, Arabic) is an advantage
- Computer literate in standard software applications (such as Microsoft Office)
- Interested in the work of the OPEC Fund
- Capable of displaying cultural awareness
- Willing and capable of exhibiting the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community) and expectations of an intern
Selected interns will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Conduct research
- Write documents
- Organize information
- Assist employees with their daily operations.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Provide answers to all the questions on the application form in English. Follow the procedure below to apply:
- Applicants are required to upload and submit the following documents:
- A completed online application form
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university attesting that the applicant is/was, an undergraduate student
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent(to be uploaded under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form)
- A brief statement highlighting their motivation for applying(between 150-250 words)(to be uploaded under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form).
- Click here to apply
About the OPEC Fund Internship Program 2020
Established at the Baghdad Conference held September 1960, The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is an intergovernmental organization focused on directing the petroleum policies of its member countries and enabling the best approaches for securing stable oil supplies.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is an innovation launched off the initiative of OPEC, but with each having distinct mandates that do not overlap and separate member countries.
The OPEC Fund is a structural embodiment of its member countries’ goals to create a fairer world with shared prosperity.
The Internship Program of the OPEC Fund focuses on enriching and supporting young people (who are interested in the operations carried out by the OPEC Fund) with practical experiences towards the attainment of a knowledgeable and developed ecosystem.
Key Dates and Order of Program
All applications with required documents must be submitted by October 1, 2020.
The Internship Program will run between two and six months.
Due to the voluminous entries usually received, only selected candidates will be notified of selection and further action.
Shortlisted candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or an equivalent certificate proving they will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The OPEC Fund Internship Program partners with organizations that share similar objectives and goals to ensure the acquisition and advancement of knowledge, skills, and innovation.
The program is supported by interdisciplinary agencies of its Member Countries, the World Bank Group, regional development banks, and specialized agencies of the United Nations, as well as a host of non-governmental organizations and private sector partners.
The Coordination Group comprises of:
- The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development
- The Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa
- The Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development
- The Arab Gulf Programme for Development
- The Arab Monetary Fund
- The Islamic Development Bank
- The Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development
- The OPEC Fund for International Development
- The Qatar Development Fund
- The Saudi Fund for Development.