Apply for the T-Mobile foundation/Ashoka Changemaker challenge 2021 for young innovators in the US and get up to $5000 seed funding as well as an opportunity to blaze a trail by taking your ideas on how to create more connected, sustainable and inclusive communities and making them a reality while getting adequate mentorship.
Application Deadline: April 8 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- All entrants will receive a digital certificate of participation and gain access to on-demand training to support them in their changemaking journey.
- In May, T-Mobile and Ashoka will announce the Top 15 teams – 5 from each of the three categories (Technology, Environment and Education). Each team will receive $5,000 seed funding and an all-expenses-paid trip to T-Mobile’s Bellevue, Washington, headquarters in July 2021 (subject to change) for the Changemaker Lab, a three-day immersive experience in which teams will receive mentorship from T-Mobile executives, skills training from Ashoka and networking opportunities with other amazing teams.
- Early Entry Prize: T-Mobile and Ashoka will select one winning team from those that apply by March 4, 2021 (8PM PST) for a cash prize of $2,000. Additionally, all entries submitted by the early entry deadline will receive feedback on how to improve their application.
- From the Top 15 teams, the best in each of the three categories will receive an additional $5,000 seed funding (for a total of $10,000) and the opportunity to pitch their projects to senior leadership team members of T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Foundation.
- From the 3 Category Finalist teams, one selected grand prize winner will receive an additional $5,000 in seed funding (for a total of $15,000) and a one-on-one meeting with an influential leader.
- From the T-Mobile Family Changemaker Challenge applicants, one winning team will be selected. They will also be invited to the Changemaker Lab at T-Mobile headquarters and receive $5,000 seed funding and the opportunity to pitch their idea to senior leadership.
- Open to any young person between the ages 13 and 18 in the USA, including Puerto Rico.
- Two (2) participants of eligible ages (plus one chaperone if any participant is under 18)
- One application per person and per initiative will be accepted
- Previous winners from the Changemaker Challenge 2018 and 2019 are not eligible. If you applied last year and were not one of the winning teams you can re-apply.
- Applications must be submitted in English
- Employees of T-MOBILE USA INC, or T-Mobile Puerto-Rico,LLC, their parents companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, participating advertising and promotion agencies are only eligible to compete in the specific challenge in place for those individuals with formal ties to T-Mobile. One can apply for this challenge by selecting the option marked ‘yes’ for the question are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile’? When completing the application. The eligible relationship to the T-Mobile employees are parents or guardians or siblings.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the T-Mobile Foundation/Ashoka Changemaker challenge
The Changemaker Challenge is a nationwide contest that gives trailblazing young leaders the opportunity to take their ideas on how to build more connected, sustainable and informed communities to the next level
T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Foundation are once again partnering with Ashoka, a global organization that believes in a world where everyone is a changemaker. They have over 40 years building the field of social entrepreneurs and over 20 years of experience supporting young changemakers and their social ventures.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Early entry deadline, April 4 2021
Final entry deadline, April 8 2021 by 9pm PS.
Ideas will be reviewed by representatives from the T-Mobile Foundation, T-Mobile , Ashoka and the Changemaker peer community based on eligibility criteria
The program would take place in the USA.