Apply for the Excellence Scholarships for a chance to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or postdoctoral level in Switzerland.
An annual scholarship award for young scholars from overseas, the scholarship will afford Researchers who hold a master’s degree as a minimum, and Artists who hold a bachelor’s degree, the opportunity to study or participate in research at any Swiss university.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
For selected applicants, the following types of research scholarship set to take place in Switzerland will be available as relevant:
- Art scholarships for art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
- Art scholarships awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. (This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.)
Applications for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships is open to
- Young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD
- Foreign artists who hold a bachelor’s degree
- To qualify for the scholarship, an applicant must hold the position of a PhD Candidate, PostDoc, or a Researcher.
- The research scholarship will be granted to postgraduate researchers in any field who hold a master’s degree as a minimum and are interested in moving to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or postdoctoral level.
- Research scholarships will be awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology.
Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- The thematic focus for the Scholarship scheme includes:
- Biodiversity and Sustainability
- Digital Communication / ICTs
- Governance and Accountability
- Knowledge Production and Transfer
- Life Sciences and Health
- Mobility and Migration
- Open Topic
- Peace and Security
- Poverty Reduction
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Application for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is free of charge.
To apply for the Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2021-2022-
Select your country of origin as stated by your passport and follow the instructions:
Application details, timeline and the different types of scholarship on offer will be stated for each country as these details vary.
About the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists is an annual scholarship scheme administered by the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries.
Scholarship awardees are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students.
The scholarship is offered by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students exclusively via the Switzerland’s official diplomatic representations in the applicants’ countries of origin.
Key Dates and Order of Program
For the 2021-2022 Academic Year, the submission deadline at the relevant swiss representation will be from September to December 2020.
Selection by the Federal commission will commence by the end of May 2020.
Results will be announced by the end of May 2020.
After accepting the scholarship award, awardees will resume at the swiss academic host institution by September 2021.
The FCS will evaluate all entries based on three criteria:
- The Candidate’s profile
- The Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Applications will be subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation.
The short-listed applications will then be reviewed for the final decision by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
Deepak Kumar Ravi – holder of a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
Deepak Kumar is among 400 foreign scholars and artists awarded a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship to attend a Swiss higher education institution. This scholarship programme helps to encourage exchanges and research cooperation with 180 different countries.