For startups across the world, the SLINGSHOT 2020 competition is your chance to help the world move forward in the post-COVID-19 era.
Submit your innovative ideas and solutions that will help businesses and society adapt post-pandemic and you may pitch your way into Asia.
Shortlisted startups will have the opportunity to participate in co-innovation opportunities with corporates, pitch to a global audience at SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals in December and compete for cash and grant prizes worth up to S$800,000.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The winners will receive the following:
- The Grand SLINGSHOT Winner will awarded
- The Grand Prize of S$200,000 Startup SG Grant
- The contest sponsor L’Oréal prize of S$10,000 cash prize
- 10 sector winners will be awarded S$50,000 Startup SG Grant each
- The Top 2 startups from each challenge sector will be awarded a S$50,000 Startup SG Grant.
- Creating the new normal bonus award winner will be awarded S$50,000 Startup SG Grant
- International applicants in the Top 100 Global Startups will be eligible for Entrepass (working visa for foreign entrepreneurs in Singapore)
- Potential partnership and networking opportunities from investors, corporates, and industry leaders.
- Media publications and public awareness for their innovations and projects
This contest is open only to business Startups and entities worldwide.
- No travel is involved.
- Employees and affiliates of the organizer, sponsors and Agorize and their family members are not eligible for this contest.
- Documentation that confirms the contestants’ eligibility will be required such as company registration certificate issued within the last three months, or ongoing company registration profile, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant region.
- The contest is classified across five sectors.
- This contest is invalid in regions where it is legally prohibited or restricted.
- While applying, all startups will have the opportunity to participate in a bonus challenge for solutions relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The bonus challenge is titled: Taking the “New Normal” to refer to the post-COVID-19 era. Entries should portray how your solution will help businesses, organizations, and communities recover, rebound and recharge in the new normal.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the SLINGSHOT 2020 competition,
- Read the Terms and Conditions
- Click here to register and submit PDF presentation in English(max. 10-slides), addressing the following:
- Market and total addressable market (TAM)
- Value proposition and positioning
- Go-to-market strategy
- The business/revenue model
- Traction: KPI metrics & milestones
- Forecast 2020/2021
- Team Presentation
- If you are interested in the bonus challenge, submit a presentation that answers the question: How does your solution “Create the New Normal”? in a PDF(not to exceed 3 slides in English).
About the SLINGSHOT 2020 – Startup Competition
The SLINGSHOT contest is organized by Enterprise Singapore, the government agency responsible for enterprise development.
The contest is jointly administered by Agorize, the leading global platform for Open Innovation and talent engagement challenges.
The SLINGSHOT contest is an opportunity for startups to promote and showcase their project to a global online audience
The contest spans across five sectors:
- Digital Solutions, Consumer Products & Services
- Health-Tech, BioTech & MedTech
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
- FoodTech & Agritech
- Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for all applications is 11:59 pm (GMT+8) on September 7th, 2020.
Results will be released by 12th October 2020.
Selected startups in the bonus challenge will be announced by the 19th of October 2020.
The finals will take place virtually by 7 to 11 December 2020 during SFF x SWITCH (Singapore Fintech Festival x Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology)
All entries from the 5 Sectors will be evaluated by a panel of jury members on the basis of five selection criteria:
- Technical Depth
- Growth Potential
- Feasibility of Business Model
- Differentiation & Impact of Value proposition
An average of 100 startups per sector will be pre-selected to progress to the Deepening phase.
20 startups from each sector will be selected to proceed to the SLINGSHOT 2020 Virtual Finals.
Click here to read more on the judges.
Top 100 shortlisted Global Startups will be invited to pitch on the global stage to over 100 corporates and investors from relevant industries.
The Final Top 10 startups will pitch again at the Grand Virtual Finals to be held virtually.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The contest is supported by committed companies with the objectives to build capabilities and innovations.
The Sponsors include:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Padang & co
- schneider electric