Have you made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources? Then you should apply for the SIWI Stockholm Water Prize 2022.
The Stockholm Water Prize recognizes women, men and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
The winner of the Stockholm Water Prize gets:
- 1 million SEK
- Global acknowledgement and visibility
- A specially designed sculpture
Anyone can submit a nomination for the Stockholm Water Prize.
Specifications/Terms and Conditions
Self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not permitted.
Tips for preparing nominations:
- Represent your candidate- Poorly prepared or incomplete nominations will not highlight the accomplishments of a candidate and places her/him at a disadvantage
- Help the Nomination Committee – Well-written and concise nominations allow the committee members to use their time effectively when evaluating candidates
- Provide sufficient but concise information
- Plan your argument
- Outline your potential candidate’s qualifications, comparing them to the award criteria.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the SIWI Stockholm Water Prize
The Stockholm Water Prize is an international water award presented annually since 1991. It started as part of the Stockholm Water Festival, which celebrated that the Swedish capital had managed to reach its goal of having some of the cleanest water in the world.
Stockholm Water Prize is awarded by SIWI in cooperation with the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and presented by the Swedish King H.M King Carl XVI Gustaf, who is the official patron of the Prize.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Application deadline is September 30, 2022.
- The winner of the Stockholm Water Prize is announced every year in March, usually in conjunction with World Water Day on 22 March.
- A royal prize ceremony is held as part of World Water Week in August.
- The international Stockholm Water Prize Nominating Committee works with a two-step nomination process.
- After the first screening of the short nominations, the nominators of the selected candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a full nomination (a comprehensive compilation of the candidate’s accomplishments, CV, list of publications, evaluation reports, etc. and at least two letters of recommendation).