Pursue your Ph.D. studies in Singapore with this Ph.D. award, and take your academic career to the next level while networking in a multicultural community of international students and a vibrant research environment.
Successful candidates will be mentored by world-class expert researchers in an A*STAR Research Institutes of their choosing and will be awarded a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, or SUTD on completion of their studies.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The award will provide selected candidates up to 4 years of Ph.D. Studies support that comprises of:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance of S$2,000, subject to an increase of S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare of S$1,500
- One-time settling-in funding of S$1,000
Applications for the grant award is open to all international graduates with:
- Interest in research and advancement of academic knowledge
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Positive feedback from academic referees
- Research areas under the Ph.D. Program span across 2 categories:
- Biomedical Sciences and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
- The Award-organizing entities may include additional selection criteria or amend policies periodically without notifying candidates.
- Preference for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first-year students.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Prepare all required documents in advance before commencing the application
- Ensure that all information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Browse Ph.D. Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to select the projects you are interested in
- Submit your entry as early as possible as this will grant your referees adequate time to submit their online recommendations before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be considered.
- Cross-check to ensure that all details you have entered in the online application form are accurate before you submit the application as amendments will not be possible after it is sent.
- Do not mail any documents to the SINGA Office. All relevant documents are to be submitted online.
- Upload and submit the following compulsory documents, and if you deem fit, the optional documents(All documentation should be in the English Language):
- A recent passport-sized photograph(in .jpeg or .png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- A copy of your Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) /or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate has not yet been awarded.
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results.
- You may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Click here to apply.
About the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) August 2021
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a scheme jointly created by the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) continuously establishes outstandingly impactful research initiatives among the research community in Singapore and abroad.
SINGA aims to foster development-oriented inputs such as healthcare, urban living, and sustainability towards safeguarding lives in Singapore and worldwide.
Selected candidates will research in any lab of their choosing at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
The program offers research areas under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is an initiative that offers beneficiaries limitless opportunities and networking as its co-created by leading institutions –
- The Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR)
- The Nanyang Technological University (NTU),
- The National University of Singapore (NUS), and
- The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).