Nominate a literary work for the annual independent Sheikh Zayed Book Award for a chance to win monetary and material prizes valued at up to AED 7 million.
For individuals who have contributed to the Arab world in the areas of development, authorship, and translation, the award will reward and recognize their works.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The Sheikh Zayed Book Award will grant up to AED 7 million in prizes to winners as follow:
- A sum of AED 750,000 for each winner of each of the eight award categories.
- A sum of one million dirhams for the winner of the Cultural Personality of the Year branch.
- A gold medal bearing the approved award logo.
- A certificate of appreciation for all winners of the nine award categories.
Submission of entries for the award is open to Authors, publishers and translators of any nationality –
- That have contributed to the development of thought and creativity in Arab culture.
- Whose works have attained a high level of originality and innovation.
- Whose works represent a candid addition to human culture and knowledge.
- The nominated literature must be in Arabic.
- The book submitted cannot be used for nomination in another prize in person or by proxy in the same year.
- Works that have previously won a major Arab or foreign award will not be considered.
- The work submitted must contain international numbering (ISBN, TDMC, ISBN) to ensure property rights.
- If the work has a participant, “i.e a painter or co-author”, it must be included in the nomination form with details attached.
- The book must have been published for a maximum of two years or less.
- The intended entry must be published in the form of a “paper book”.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- To enter the award competition, applicants can submit their entries in only one of the listed categories:
- Child and Youth Literature
- Arts and Critical Studies
- Young Authors
- Development and State Building
- Publishing and Cultural Techniques
- Arab Culture in other Languages
- Cultural Personality of the Year
- Click here to apply.
About the Sheikh Zayed Book Award
Launched in commemoration of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the Sheikh Zayed Book Award is an independent humanities prize awarded annually to cultural makers, publishers, creators, thinkers, and innovators for their inputs in the fields of development, authorship, and translation.
Administered with the aid of the Department of Culture and Tourism in Abu Dhabi, the award is valued at seven million dirhams.