Take your writing to the next level and submit a manuscript for your book not previously published, in the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity 2020-2021 for a chance to receive prizes and opportunities that’ll expand and advance your writing horizon.
An annual creativity contest, the 2020/2021 session is the 24th edition of the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity aimed at supporting outstanding writers in the UAE and throughout the broader Arab world.
Selected applicants will receive monetary prizes, and have their work promoted with a wider reach.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Winners of the 2020-2021 Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity will receive up to $13,000 in cash prize:
- $6,000 will be awarded to the 1st Prize Winner
- $4,000 will be awarded to the 2nd Prize Winner
- $3,000 will be awarded to the 3rd Prize Winner
To be eligible for application, Applicants must meet the qualifications in the foregoing:
- Applicants must be an Arabist writer from the United Arab Emirates, or from other Arab countries
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 and 40
Requirements/Terms and conditions of participation
- Participation in the competition is open to both sexes
- The texts should be in Standard Arabic
- Applicants must not have won a similar competition, or submitted to obtain a university degree
- Applicants must not have been previously published in newspapers and periodicals, or on websites
- Applicants must not have submitted an entry at the same time to another competition
- The submitted material should be the first work of the author in this field.
- No contestant may participate in more than one category of the competition.
- The materials presented should take into consideration religious and moral values.
- The Department is not obligated to repeat the texts, whether they win or not
- Any breach of the conditions will result in the award being withdrawn immediately, and necessary legal measures are taken.
- The Department of Culture in Sharjah is responsible for printing all winning works in the prize centers, and reserves for itself the rights of the first edition of these works.
- Any work inconsistent with the conditions and incomplete attachments is excluded from the arbitration work.
- Whoever won the competition may not participate again until after 3 years have passed.
- The winners in any of the categories are not allowed to make any edits or reforms to the text after the results are announced.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Attach the following supporting documents to your application:
- Resume (in Arabic)
- Full postal address with phone numbers and your email address.
- A copy of your passport (with details of the date of the passport’s issuance and expiry date)
- A copy of your birth certificate or any other official document stating the date of birth
- 4 personal photos.
- A CD (Windows Word system)containing the manuscript being submitted for the contest
- And 3 original copies printed on A4 papers. Do not write your name or refer to it on the printed and sent work ( full information via CV and official papers is enough).
- Fill out the form acknowledging that there is no other version in the same domain as it is submitted, not published or won another prize
- Fill out the prize entry form here.
About the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity 2020-2021
Based on the initiative of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, the Ruler of Sharjah, the Department of Culture in the Government of Sharjah presents the twenty-fourth edition of the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity in a continuous effort to support talented writers and writers, in the UAE and throughout the broader Arab world.
With joint efforts from local, Arab, and international cultural bodies, the contest supports Arab creatives.
An annual event, first editions that equates manuscripts are submitted and then prepared for the first edition of the author or writer. The competition accepts works that have not previously been published in a book, in the following fields:
- Eloquent poetry (no less than 15 poems).
- The short story (a story set of no less than 12 stories).
- The novel theatrical text
- Children’s literature (pertaining to children from 6 to 8 years of age)
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications for the Sharjah Prize for Arab Creativity is due on October 31, 2020
The results will be announced in January 2021
Prizes will be distributed during the creativity workshop in April 2021
The assessment of the entries is based on the transformations of the poetic text.
The winning entries will be published according to the criteria of the Sharjah Culture Department.
The winners of the first three centers in each field will be invited to attend the award ceremony and participate in a creative scientific workshop.