Are you a citizen of a commonwealth country or hold a refugee status in one?
Then apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021-2022 for a chance at a two year masters degree programme.
Application Deadline: June 10 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Open to citizens of commonwealth countries or those who hold refugee status in a commonwealth country.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of the application. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The University of the South Pacific (USP)
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- Northwest University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Venda
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka (USJ)
Applicants must be graduates in subjects relating to biology, medicine (western), dentistry, veterinary science or agricultural sciences. There is a cost associated with this test that will not be covered by the ACU. QECS applicants are eligible for a 50% discount and will need to pay USD 15.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the Application guidance. Select a course that I offered at the University you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application, and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
About the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Program
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique study initiative for a 2-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Coordinated by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the scholarship is targeted at students of commonwealth countries descent whose acts are geared towards creating change in their communities.
Titled International collaboration, the program seeks to use unique international educational experiences to give scholars an insight into the impact of shared experiences (in their home and foreign countries), and to put this advantage into practical use.
It’s believed through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, the beneficiaries of the scholarships would use this life-changing opportunity to broaden their horizons, and have means to turn around the problems faced by their communities.
The QECS awards 2020/2021 edition is hosted by:
- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
- South Pacific
- Papua New Guinea
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Dawud Adeviruku Suleiman: COMSATS university Islamabad
- Betty Kabarega Ingabire: University of Mauritius
- Francis Agada: COMSATS University Islamabad.