If you’re a freelance photojournalist, sign up now to receive a reporting grant of $1,000 in the Eyewitness Photojournalism Grant, to bring to the general public historically underrepresented sectors/stories in the American press.
Seize this opportunity to report to the general public, underreported issues and stories held back by low funding and resources.
Combine photojournalism with journalism and collectively ensure that this moment in history is documented and reported by those with the greatest authority and capacity to understand them. Issues rooted in these areas will only be resolved when people know about them.
If you’re selected, you’ll be awarded the grant to create pictures and tell stories of pressing concerns within the US including police brutality, the impact of COVID-19, systemic racism, and others, with little to no travel required.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- Will be awarded a grant of $1,000 each
- Will have a chance to be at the forefront of writing history
To be eligible for this grant,
- Applicants must be freelance photojournalists residing in the United States
- Applicants must be fluent in English
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
There is no application fee.
- In addition, to Diversify Photo and Pulitzer Center funding, news outlets must contribute to the cost of reporting these stories
- A letter of commitment from a news outlet with a significant reach must be attached to the proposal.
- Applications must be submitted in English
- The application will be open from June 19, 2020, in honor of Juneteenth, and will close July 19, 2020.
- For more information and to submit a proposal, click here
- Applicants who require assistance connecting with potential publishing outlets, contact email@example.com
About the Pulitzer Center/Diversify Photo Eyewitness Photojournalism Grant 2020
The Eyewitness Photojournalism Grant is a product of a collaboration between the Pulitzer Center and Diversify Photo.
Diversify Photo is an organization of Black, Indigenous, and communities of color editors and non-western photographers, editors, and visual producers focused on doing work that breaks with unfavorable tradition to record the images of our time, report the news and make history.
This grant was conceived in response to the realization of the toll COVID-19 had taken and placed on Black, Indigenous, and communities of color.
In light of the current pandemic, the grant will prioritize and reel in stories told locally in the United States. These stories would reflect the systemic, underreported issues of our time, including police brutality, the impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable communities, environmental racism, food insecurity, the opioid crisis, and beyond.
The grant is awarded to help photojournalists with expenses associated with reporting, including transportation, housing, food, and other vital services.