Submit an application for the job openings at the Pulitzer Center and be lucky enough to be hired as a Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator.
Application Deadline: May 28 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Salary will be commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications. This position includes excellent benefits and a collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants must possess
- Commitment to the Pulitzer Center’s mission
- 1-3 years of professional experience, internship experience accepted; strong student work samples can supplement professional experience
- Experience in nonprofit communications and marketing strategies
- DSLR video and photography
- Video production & editing
- Experience with streaming platforms like YouTube and Facebook
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Emma, or similar email marketing platforms
- HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for working with platforms like Instagram and YouTube
- Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Willing to work a flexible schedule when necessary—this position sometimes requires work outside normal business hours, or on weekends
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to attend in-person events (when COVID-19 restrictions and risks are minimized)
- Some local and domestic travel (when COVID-19 restrictions and risks are minimized)
- Spanish-language proficiency highly desirable, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant professional experience
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About theMultimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the Pulitzer Center’s communications team and uses the latest digital marketing tools to help tell the Pulitzer Center’s brand story.
Versatile, creative, and resourceful, the Coordinator will produce video, graphic social media content, engaging marketing emails, original website landing pages, and collaborate with the Communications Director and Graphic Designer to help devise marketing and communications campaigns.
As part of a team that provides internal communications and marketing agency support for the organization as a whole, the Coordinator must be comfortable working with a variety of internal stakeholders, external vendors, and partners.
- Multimedia Production
Produce the Pulitzer Center’s key promotional videos, including the Center’s annual year-end-review video, fundraising campaign videos, and other multimedia products as needed; create short-form videos for social media
Own and manage the Pulitzer Center’s Behind the Story video series, working with grantees to produce short, compelling videos that give audiences a compelling glimpse into the journalism process
Document Pulitzer Center events, annual conference, exhibits, Reporting Fellows Washington Weekend, and other relevant events, creating highlights videos on short turnaround when asked
Ensure media is backed up and archived appropriately, organize and keep track of multimedia production equipment, work with IT Manager to administer multimedia-related subscriptions and tools (Otter.ai, Storyblocks, Canva, etc)
- Social Media
Devise and execute multimedia-based social media campaigns
Manage the Center’s Instagram account and publishing workflow, keep track of analytics, respond to comments and story posts
Maintain YouTube homepage and playlists, ensure video thumbnails align with style, monitor comments, keep track of analytics
Provide backup support to the communications team on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn as needed
- Website and Email Marketing
Create new landing pages in support of the Center’s marketing and communications priorities
Serve as point-of-contact for external web development vendor, ensuring that ongoing website support requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
Devise and execute email marketing campaigns in Mailchimp
Provide Mailchimp support to Center colleagues.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for application is May 28 2021.
- The Pulitzer Center is working remotely due the COVID-19 pandemic. Although remote and hybrid work options will be available for this position after COVID-19 restrictions and risks are minimized, the need to cover in-person events requires that the successful candidate be located in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.