Are you a Photographer between the age of 18 and 35? Then you should submit your images to get featured in upcoming publications of UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFa.
UN-Habitat and the Laboratory of Architecture and Environmental Design (LaCoMoFa) of Biskra University is inviting young photographers across the globe to engage creatively with the topic “valuing our communities, cities and regions”.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- Selected photos will be presented in an online public exhibition on both UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFA social media and digital platforms.
- Selected photos will be featured in upcoming publications of UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFa (Photo authors will receive full acknowledgement in the publication)
- Top five winners (one per theme) will receive an award certificate from the organizer’s partners.
- Photographers must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant.
- Photographers from all over the world are encouraged.
- Each photographer is allowed five entries.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution (900 px wide, 72 dpi).
- Submitted photos should be accompanied with a caption of no more than 100 words (English, French or Spanish).
Consider the following questions for your caption:
- How does your photo reflect the community contribution to the city and region social-cultural values, economic values, environmental values, innovation values in cities and regions?
- How are the communities in your photo connected to surrounding regions and nearby rural communities and areas?
- How are the communities in your photo fundamental to local and community responses in the face of social-cultural, environmental and economic challenges (e.g. Covid-19, climate and inequality).
Specify the thematic entry and state the location and date of where and when the photograph was taken.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Send a high-resolution photo(s) and the story behind it to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com together with your full name and contact information.
- Use the email subject line “Valuing our communities photo competition”
- You can also submit your photos by filling out this Photo Contest Entry Form.
About the Publications of UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFa
The UN Habitat/LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition is for young photographers and students from all over the world to submit images documenting their communities contributions to improving the quality of life in cities and highlighting the connections between urban and rural areas and the links between cities and their regions.
They invite photographers across the globe to engage creatively with the topic “valuing our communities, cities and regions and to submit their photographs.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- The deadline for the contest is March 31st, 2021.
- Submitted photos will be displayed on UN-Habitat Policy, Legislation and Governance Section social media and LaCoMOFa social media for public voting in April, 2021
Winners will be selected based on public voting results and by a Joint jury composed by members of the Dept of Architecture LaCoMoFa/Biskra University and UN-Habitat.