If you are a graduate student with an interest in a project-oriented internship program, sign up for the second batch of the 2021 ADB Internship Program.
Interns in the program will gain firsthand access to the operations of the ADB, and be considered as potential future staff.
Read on for more details on the internship opportunity.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
In addition, the program will provide
- stipends to all interns according to the location of internships for up to 56 calendar days.
- a limited amount to cover part of the airfare travel cost should air travel be necessary between the internship location and the authorized point of origin (i.e. school location).
To be considered for the Internship opportunity, candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- Be a national of one of ADB’s member countries;
- Be proficient in the English language, and
- Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- Interns are to cover individual accommodation, transportation and food expenses; as well as part of the airfare.
- The purchase of a comprehensive insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship prior to departure to Manila is also a strict requirement.
- Interns are not allowed to travel during the internship assignment.
- Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
An Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
- Students can apply directly online and do not have to be nominated by their schools. Their schools are no longer required to register with ADB.
- Close relatives of ADB personnel are not eligible to apply.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Internship Program 2021
Committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty.
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
Administered twice a year, the internship assignments caters to motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals.
The Internship Program helps ADB enhance a platform to exchange and generate knowledge with external partners.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Application submission for the second batch of the ADB Internship program will close by the deadline of 31st January, 2021.
Selected Interns will get aboard the program by June 2021 onwards.
ADB will evaluate applications based on:
- eligibility requirements,
- relevance of academic study and work experience; and
- the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
Factors such as institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process, will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The duration of the program will be a minimum of eight (8) weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 26 weeks or six (6) months for one internship assignment.