Explore a whole new world of art creation and formats beyond the tools/means currently available to you in this safe space for Artists.
Selected artists will be granted modest funding to support the extensive creation of artworks from both contemporary and old approaches.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Shortlisted artists will be allowed to request grant funding anywhere between CHF 2,000 and CHF 10,000 in value (circa US$ 2,100 – US$10,500).
Application for the Pro Helvetia Johannesburg Grant is open to
- Artists, collectives, and organizations from across the African continent, excluding North Africa (which is covered by a parallel call from the Cairo office).
- Individuals who are actively involved in the professional arts field on the subcontinent.
- Areas that Pro Helvetia is active in – music, performing arts, visual arts, literature, design, and interactive media, and inter-disciplinary work.
- Cinematographic film (long form, short form, and documentary content for cinematic screening or televisual broadcast) are not eligible for the grant.
- Just one application per individual/organization is acceptable.
- The budget in relevance to the project should be precisely and clearly stated.
- The organizers are not in a position to cover the general salaries and running costs of organizations and institutions, beyond a reasonable project administrative fee which may be included in the budget proposal (normally not more than 10% of the overall budget). Artists and other project-specific specialist fees may however, be included as eligible costs.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants are required to submit the following online:
- A concept note, not exceeding 4 000 characters, stating the Why? What? How? Who? As of the proposed project.
- Download and use the Applicant Budget Template to give an indicative timeline and budget.
- Information on the applicant, and any other individual or organizational partners involved.
- If relevant, the applicant should indicate how local COVID-19 related public health and safety measures will be applied.
- Click here to apply
About the Pro Helvetia Johannesburg “Breathing Space” Grant
The Pro Helvetia Johannesburg “Breathing Space” scheme is focused on enabling a space for arts practitioners, organizations, and networks across the subcontinent to rethink ways of working and reimagine the shape and position of a and creative work.
It aims to promote opportunities to experiment with new possibilities and formats for artistic production, exchange, collaboration, presentation, and reception, responsive to the complex demands of the present time at both the local and global level.
The grant scheme is open to projects that involve the exploration of new approaches as well as ones that utilize current unprecedented events to engage more deeply with older methods and practices.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for application is August 31st, 2020.
All projects funded by the grant should be completed and reported by the end of April 2021.
Grant awardees can also use the Applicant Budget Template for reporting.
Entries will be evaluated in the following criteria:
- Clarity of purpose, intended outcome/s, and methods (Is it clear what you want to do and why?).
- Originality and innovation in concept and methods, artistic quality, and relevance (Will the project contribute something new and significant to the field in concept and approach? Will the project have a life beyond the immediate stage covered by the grant?).
- Track record and professionalism of the applicant and their network (Will the project be professionally executed?).