Submit an application for the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology/MasterCard Foundation Pre-MEST – Startup Creation Program 2021, and be among the lucky few to launch your own startup upon completion of the course and equally receive mentorship throughout the program.
Application Deadline: April 30 2021.
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- Upon completion of the course, participants will have the opportunity to launch startups.
- Participants will also receive dedicated mentorship throughout the program, as well as attend workshops and sessions designed to improve employability through soft skills training.
- The 12-week in-person program is tuition-free and requires full-time dedication for the duration of the course.
- Successful graduates will receive certification upon completion and the opportunity to launch tech-enabled businesses.
- Young people between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Must reside in Ghana, but can be from anywhere
- Passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Has a tech-related business idea or willing to develop one
- Preferably has past experience with entrepreneurship or within a startup environment
- Disciplined, motivated and a self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects
- A team player that can thrive working independently as well as collaboratively
- Should be able to commit full time for the duration of the course
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Here is how to apply:
Step 1. Join the Pre-learning Slack channel as well as the WhatsApp channel for the hub you wish to train at using the links below:
Step 2. Complete the Pre-MEST application form for the hub of your choice. Select the relevant hub below:
Step 3. Complete these pre-learning courses on IBM and Google Learning Portals (you need to complete all to qualify for the program). Select either the ‘Tech’ or ‘Business/Communication’ track (not both) depending on your area of interest:
Tech Track Pre-Learning Courses
- Design Thinking
- Basic Web Development
- Software Development
Business/Communication Track Pre-Learning Courses
- Design Thinking
- Basic Web Development
- Digital Marketing
Step 4. Await communication about your application status.
Once you have completed all the Pre-Learning courses for the track of your choice, provide the link to your IBM badges and upload your Google Digital Marketing and Business Modeling Canvas certificates using this form: Pre-learning Submissions Form
Then await communication about your status
Final offers will be sent out to successful applicants within 10 days of the application close.
About the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology/MasterCard Foundation Pre-MEST- Startup Creation Program
The Pre-MEST program, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation and Young Africa Works, is currently looking for young people based in Ho, Kumasi, Bolga and Takoradi, Ghana, who have a keen interest in software entrepreneurship and a desire to build technology businesses, to join its first-ever cohort in Startup Creation to launch their own ventures. The course runs from May 17th – August 6th, 2021.
Over the course of 12-weeks, participants in this cohort will be given the opportunity to go from business idea to business venture by learning the essential business, communication and technology skills needed to become software entrepreneurs and start a successful early-stage tech company. Upon completion of the course, participants will have the opportunity to launch startups.
Participants will also receive dedicated mentorship throughout the program, as well as attend workshops and sessions designed to improve employability through soft skills training. The 12-week in-person program is tuition-free and requires full-time dedication for the duration of the course. Successful graduates will receive certification upon completion and the opportunity to launch tech-enabled businesses.
The Pre-MEST Startup Creation cohort curriculum will combine workshops with hands-on projects developed through a series of subject-focused sprints. Led in a bootcamp style, the participants develop relevant usable skills in technology and business. The Pre-MEST team will also give each cohort some learning work to complete before the program start date, to ensure they have the minimum skill levels to delve into projects and exercises from the first day.
Market Research and Product Development
Branding & Communications
Market Testing and Traction
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for application is April 30 2021
The course runs from May 17th – August 6th, 2021.
it is important that you complete all four steps and ensure you successfully submit your application by the deadline of April 30th, 2021.
This application will then be considered for admission into the program.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted with information detailing how to move on to the next steps of the application process listed below.
The 12-week in-person program is tuition-free and requires full-time dedication for the duration of the course.