Submit an application to participate in a funded full-time Ph.D. studentship starting in the first quarter of 2021 on health projects themed ‘Responding to COVID-19 and the Climate Emergency’.
Selected applicants will team up with savvy like-minded students and experts in the Faculty of Business and Law to work and conduct research of the highest global standard, and receive the opportunity to develop innovative skills in relevant fields.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful candidates in the Studentships will receive:
- Exemption from tuition fees. The program will cover all tuition costs.
- Research Grant to cover research expenses
- A stipend of up to circa £15,285 per year for 3 years.
In order to be considered for the Ph.D. program,
- Applicants must have qualifications of at least an upper second class honors degree- 2:1 (or an equivalent)
- Applicants must have a master’s in a subject related to the selected study with a strong research element.
- Applicants must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any of the four categories (or approved equivalent).
- Applicants must demonstrate a level of proficiency certified through a provider approved by UK Visas and Immigration. The certificate and grade should be attached to the application.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To apply for the Ph.D. program,
- Your application should be based on one of the advertised projects
- Follow these instructions:
- Download and fill the application form.
- Write and attach your proposal of at least 1,000 words and max. 2,000 words, include your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest
(check here for a guide on how to write your research proposal)
- Include the certificate and grade of your proficiency
- Include a cover letter indicating your suitability for the project
- Include Copies of degree certificates and transcripts relevant to your application.
- In a comprehensive compilation, forward all documents listed above and your fully completed application form by email to FBL-PHD@open.ac.uk before the deadline.
About the Open University Business and Law Schools Ph.D. Studentships 2021
The Open University Business and Law Schools, otherwise known as the Faculty of Business and Law (FBL), is funding Ph.D. studentship projects themed ‘Responding to COVID-19 and the Climate Emergency’ in a bid to facilitate growth and change in the aftermath of an unprecedented pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic and worldwide lockdowns has contributed another layer of complexity to the ongoing climate crisis.
With usual activities on hold and reduced economic output, there’s been a noticeable improvement to the environment in many countries, showing what a greener future could look like.
Three projects focus on climate emergency:
- The consumer response to green advertising;
- The renewable energy sector in Africa;
- And exploring democratic practice as a way to engage communities and individuals in a fair transition to a green economy.
These projects are focused on the pandemic and its aftermath to address a variety of topics from rethinking relations between organizations and the material/natural environment; to gender, ethnicity and class at work and social inequalities laid bare by the pandemic; and the future of work through empirical research with workers.
These projects are being directed by academic experts selected from the Business and Law Schools.
Hence the themed call for PhD research projects that consider the organizational and legal challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and the climate emergency as urgent global challenges that management, business, and legal researchers can help to mitigate.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Forward all applications with relevant documentation before or by September 7, 2020.
The Ph.D. studentships will start by February 1, 2021.
The PhD studentships will be based on a full-time study for three years at the Milton Keynes campus.
Students are expected to live within commuting distance of Milton Keynes.