Are you an aspiring Journalist or filmmaker interested in taking a giant leap in your career?
Then apply for the One World Media Fellowship for aspiring Journalists and filmmakers 2021. The fellowship offers a production grant of up to £1,000 alongside career mentorship and guidance to fellows.
Application Deadline: April 7, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- We are open to applications from all around the world.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from the global south. Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, our Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment.
What Projects Are We Looking For?
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
- Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. We are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applications to the One World Media Fellowship are FREE.
- Step 1
Register for a new user account on the One World Media Submission portal. If you have registered previously, there is no need to create a new account – you can login with the same user details or reset your password.
- Step 2
You will need to fill in an online form, upload necessary documents and provide a reference letter. You can find more details on Submission Information document.
Submit your form when complete.
You may submit more than one proposal, but a separate online application is required for each.
Click here to apply
About the One world media fellowship
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south.
Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, our Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections.
We guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
We seek to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups (people of colour, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or people with disabilities) as well as from people from and based in the global south.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- Open for entries: Weds, 24 February 2021
- Extended deadline: Weds, 7 April 2021
- Fellows announced: Late May 2021
In 2021, we will select 20 Fellows. We have 10 spaces for applicants based anywhere in the world, and 10 spaces reserved for applicants from across Africa.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
There would be a network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni.