Are you a creative interested in projects that communicate emotional bonds with the sea to a wide audience? Then you should consider applying for the One Ocean Hub DEEP Fund 2021.
The DEEP Fund supports creative projects that communicate emotional bonds with the sea to a wide audience like policy and decision makers, researchers, businesses and the public at large.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Successful applicants get project funding between the ranges of £5,000 and £20,000
In exceptional circumstances, this amount may be Increased.
The contest is open to :
- Individuals, collectives, non-government organisations, community sector groups or not-for-profit civil society.
- Candidates based in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands or Fiji.
Projects that are not eligible:
- Projects aimed at offsetting a deficit, repaying a debtor paying interest
- Projects sustaining ongoing activities with recurring costs.
- Projects financing permanent working spaces and/or equipment exclusively.
- Projects financing capital works, physical construction or the restoration of buildings.
- Projects affiliated with government agencies or political parties.
- Projects affiliated with commercial businesses and/or advertising campaigns.
- Projects that are environmentally hazardous or destructive.
- Projects that require funds for non-ODA country based artist and/or researcher costs and expenses
Requirements/Terms and Conditions
Projects must be based in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands or Fiji.
Projects should be community based and co-produced with a focus on empowering women and youth.
Incomplete applications and proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
One Ocean Hub is particularly interested in projects that bring together diverse collaborators including artists, researchers, indigenous knowledge holders and civil society.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the One Ocean Hub Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund
One Ocean Hub is an international programme of research for sustainable development, working to promote fair and inclusive decision-making for a healthy ocean whereby people and planet flourish.
The Hub has initiated the Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund to commission artistic responses that capture connections with the sea and extend local creative economies.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Deadline for application is March 26, 2021 (midnight GMT)
Projects will be expected to last between 6 and 12 months, from commissioning to deliverables and final reporting
A two-stage commissioning process is adopted to recognise the differential in time and resources available to potential applicants from our partner countries.
Projects will be shortlisted before selection and invited to submit further information.
The DEEP Fund Committee is responsible for the selection of projects and its decision is final.
Feedback will not be provided on unsuccessful applications.
Successful projects will be expected to adhere to the One Ocean Hub Code of Practice.