Take your art to the next level and apply for the Mophradat Grants for Artists 2020 for a chance to be awarded funding to grow your artistic practices.
Open to all artists-individuals, collaborators, or art groups- especially those who are creating new forms of art, the Mophradat Artists grant can be used to research, organize events, produce new work, publish a work, travel, participate in artistic residencies, or in workshops, to set up an exhibition, or make a performance presentation, and more, with the cost of these projects covered in full or partially.
See the full details below.
Application Deadline: Biannually on April 1 and October 1
Recipients of the Mophradat Grants for Artists 2020 will be awarded:
In addition to satisfying the general eligibility criteria that can be read here, please note the following criteria for grant qualification:
Failure to complete the project within the agreed time may result in recipients being asked to partially or fully reimburse Mophradat.
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants who satisfy all criteria for the Mophradat Grants for Artists 2020 can apply by following the instructions in the foregoing:
Originally founded as the Young Arab Theatre Fund (YATF), the first regional arts funding organization, Mophradat is an international not for profit modern art association that supports contemporary artists from the Arab World through an innovative approach to funding, commissioning, collaborating, and gathering.
In acknowledgment of the Arab world as loosely-defined geography characterized by people of diverse ethnicities, gender identities, religions, ideologies, and languages, the works of art created through the Mophradat program, contributes to diversifying the artistic and intellectual capability of the Arab World.
The Mophradat grants support between 15 and 30 artists each calendar year to develop their practice.
The program is specially focused on creatives inventing innovative forms of creating and sharing art knowledge with others, and for those aiming to question the current arts making paradigm.
The deadline for receiving applications is twice a year, on April 1 and October 1.
Results are announced 4 weeks after the deadline
Applicants are evaluated and selected by an external advisory committee once the application is confirmed to be fulfilling the program’s general and specific eligibility criteria.
The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
All applicants, whether selected or not, receive a response to their applications one month after the application deadline. If selected, a grant agreement will be signed between the recipient and Mophradat.
Funds will be released in a two-stage process: 80% when the grant agreement is signed and the remaining 20% on project completion.
A narrative summary of what was achieved, and a financial report must be submitted before the end date of the grant agreement and before the last installment is paid.
Due to the high volume of applications and the confidentiality of the selection process, Mophradat does not provide individual feedback explaining the reason an application was not selected.
Mophradat is supported by international partners who share similar goals of advancing and promoting contemporary arts and culture.
Opt-out at any time. No strings attached.