If you are an African scholar considering taking up a PhD program but lack the necessary funds, submit an scholarship application for the 2020/2021 Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI PhD Scholarships for financial aid.
2 Ph.D. scholarships will be awarded to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Successful scholars in the program will be awarded adequate funding to cover all expenses related to the Ph.D. Program.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an Unconditional Offer for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The eligible PhD are solely those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
- By 31st of March you must have an Unconditional offer for PhD in order to be considered for funding.
- Once the admission is secured, you can apply for the scholarship.
Note that it takes 8 weeks to receive an offer of admission for PhD, therefore to apply for the PhD at least or before January 2020.
- The organizers reserve the right not to award scholarships and will only award them where there are applicants judged to meet sufficiently high academic standards and with demonstrable interests in fields relevant to the objectives of the GDAI.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
- Submit the following documents
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- Your Referee’s name (name + affiliated institution) and instruct them to send your reference letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to Apply.
About the Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI PhD Scholarships 2020/2021
Administered by the Centre of African Studies, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI PhD Scholarships is offering PhD scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
The PhD studentships will be focused on the area of state capacities, governance and bureaucracy for development.
This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state business relations, the governance of state owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on.
All applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission of application is 31st March 2021.
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members.
The assessment of applications will be based on the information on individual scholarship applications .