Submit an application for the Agritech Innovations in the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize Program 2021 for a chance to win up $USD 2 million with other additional prizes.
Application Deadline: December 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Winning teams will increase net economic value to small and medium-sized farms by:
- Developing innovative technology solutions for any stage of the food system, from seed to sale
- Designing a viable business model
- Increasing farm productivity and/or decreasing post-harvest loss
- The winning team will receive a $1 million grand prize, with $1 million in additional prizes.
- The inaugural Prize challenges innovators from around the world to significantly increase value to small and medium-sized farms in Africa through new technologies and agribusiness innovation.
Registration is free and open to anyone,
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Teams submit their design and business model. An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to receive $10,000 each and advance in the competition.
Teams develop their prototypes and conduct field tests on small and medium-sized farms in Africa.
About the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program
The Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program is a series of multi-year, multimillion-dollar prize competitions for technological solutions that accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a spotlight on Africa.
It is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that helps people build meaningful lives, in which they can experience health and well-being, pursue effective education and gainful employment, and access the resources required to create ever-expanding opportunities for themselves and their broader communities.
A collaboration between the Milken Institute and the Motsepe Foundation, the Prize program seeks to accelerate progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals. Its potential impact is endless.
Key Dates and Order of Program
- April 2021- Registration opens
- December 2021- Design round submittals due
- February 2022- Design round prizes awarded.
- August 2022- Teams Summit and investor Showcase
- April 2023- Finalist round prizes awarded
- An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to receive $10,000 each and advance in the competition.