Apply for the Mérieux Foundation Small Grants Program to join the worldwide fight against infectious diseases.
Projects and organizations, invested and interested in improving the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases are welcome to apply for a financial contribution from the program.
If selected, your project receives up to 5,000 Euros and you get to work closely with the Mérieux Foundation in a bid to fight diseases that affects vulnerable populations in developing countries.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Selected applicants receive:
- A grant of up to 5,000 Euros
- A chance to partner with the Mérieux Foundation and be at the forefront of preventing, diagnosing, and treating infectious diseases
The project are available in the following continents/countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Ivory Coast
- Sao Tome & Principe
Other selection criteria
The grant is made available for Organisations:
- That are certified by the appropriate authorities of the country
- That are registered under the status of association under the law of 1901 or identified as a public entity or equivalent status for foreign organizations,
- Not for profit and managed independently
- That have similar goals structure of public interest in connection with the Mérieux Foundation’s mission: to fight against the infectious diseases the strikes the most vulnerable populations in developing countries, especially mothers and children
- That aren’t opposed to the ethical codes of the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter: transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, respect
- That haven’t been incarcerated (or one of its member) for doing anything opposing the principles stated above
- That are not in bankruptcy or receivership.
The grant is available for Projects:
- Whose conducts and goals are similar to the Mérieux Foundation’s aim on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis, neglected tropical diseases and other infectious diseases representing significant public health issues
- Taking a global operational stance and technique in dealing with all aspects of health issues
- Focused on local need assessments
- With feasible and practical answers to the problem
- That are familiar with and to the target population and will be for a long time
- That share strong ties with the locals
- In a cordial relationship with pre-existing set-ups in selected areas;
- Sensitive to gender equality and ethical standards required in the implementation of the project.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
The application should be submitted with the following documents attached :
- A copy of the official statutes of the organization
- The organization’s activity report from the previous year
- Budget and financial accounts from the previous year of the organization, certified by the competent authorities
- Detailed budget of the project
- Location map of the project
- Any reference for financial and operational partners of the organization
- Any useful document related to the project
Click here to submit your application
About the Mérieux Foundation Small Grants Program
Launched in 1967, the Mérieux Foundation is an independent family foundation dedicated to eradicating infectious diseases in vulnerable areas, most especially developing countries.
The foundation has public health programs focused on diagnosis, an essential aspect of patient care, and an indispensable tool for disease surveillance and control. Taking a global health approach, the foundation also works in the field to help the most vulnerable, with a strong emphasis on mothers and children.
Currently active in over twenty countries, the Foundation works to strengthen the skills of healthcare professionals in the field to ensure its programs have a long-lasting impact.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Two sessions are organized annually to review entries.
For the April Session:
All applications with required attachments should be forwarded by March 1st, 2020
For the September Session:
The deadline for submission of applications is 1st of August, 2020
Only projects implemented by local organizations will be funded, studied, and developed.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The Mérieux Foundation parnters with Fondation Christophe et Rodolphe Mérieux, another independent family foundation under the aegis of the Institut de France, with similar public health objectives.