If you are an aspiring Software Entrepreneur, then you should apply for the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Program.
The MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
They also offer the entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOS and other executives from all over the world. Guest lectures have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung. Interswitch, and many more.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments.
Selected applicants get the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOS and other executives from all over the world like Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung. Interswitch, and many more.
Selected applicants get the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The Programme is open to :
- Anyone of any nationality who meets all the application requirements and lives in Ghana or Nigeria.
- Aspiring software entrepreneurs.
- Applicants between the ages of 18-35.
- Applicants who want to build tech startups that solve global issues in Africa.
Requirements/Specifications/Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must have a degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience.
- Applicants must have deep skills in either communications, business or software development.
- Applicants must have excellent people skills.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate candidly and persuasively.
- Applicants must have ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence.
- Applicants must have leadership abilities.
- Applicants must have confident and independent thinking.
- Applicants must have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company.
Applicants must also be:
- A young person crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results.
- Ready to commit to a fully residential program for a whole year.
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Step 1: Complete all these pre-learning courses:
- Intro to Agile
- Design Thinking for Beginners
- Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
- Web development
- HTML & CSS
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Business Modeling
Step 2: Take an Aptitude Test: You are required to take the Aptitude Test as your score will be requested when filling your application form and will determine your move to the next stage. Please follow this link to take the test.
Step 3: Complete the MEST Training Program Application Form. Please follow this link to complete the application form.
About the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Program
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $22m in training over 350 individual entrepreneurs and funded 60+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups, and TechStars.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications open: 1st March, 2021
Applications close: 29th April, 2021
Program starts: 1st September 2021
Program ends: 31st August 2022
The MEST Recruitment team will get in touch with you once the application window closes and selection of final candidates is completed.