Apply for this scholarship for a chance to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate study program at the University of Cape Town without any worries about the cost.
Selected applicants will receive access to premium education that will help them to develop skills to facilitate growth and change in their home countries.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Applicants who get selected for the program will get to enjoy the following:
- Financial aid that covers:
- Visa applications
- Travel for arrival and departure at the end of the study
- Medical insurance
- A quality education based on a world-class curriculum.
- Peer and mentor support
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
To be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
- The applicant must be a citizen of an African country
- The applicant must have been offered admission for study at the University of Cape Town
- The applicant must be incapable of funding the study
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership potential
- The applicant must have been admitted to an undergraduate or postgraduate program for their first year of registration in any of these faculties at UCT:
- Engineering and the Built environment
- Health sciences
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
You can apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program only after you’ve applied to the University of Cape Town for academic study and placement.
About the Mastercard Foundation Scholars
The Mastercard Foundation in collaboration with the University of Cape Town (UCT) offers the 2020 global Scholars Program to grant access for quality university education to academically outstanding disadvantaged Africans.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town provides full-cost scholarships to qualified Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree-seeking applicants.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the program.
Key Dates and Order of Program
All applications must be submitted by the deadline of 11:59 pm (SAST) on 30 September 2020.
Evaluation and Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The Applicant’s academic qualifications and drive to complete their education.
- Financial inability to fund the study.
- Evidenced commitment to investing in their home community on completion of studies
- Commitment and drive to facilitate ethical leadership and change in their home communities.
The scholarship covers select study courses at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program actively collaborates with an international network of education institutions and non-profit organizations, to provide outstanding youths from developing countries, with necessary support and opportunities.
The partners in the Scholars Program include:
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) (South Africa)
- African Leadership Academy (South Africa)
- American University of Beirut – Faculty of Health Sciences (Lebanon)
- Arizona State University (USA)
- Ashesi University (Ghana)
- BRAC (Uganda)
- Camfed (Ghana)
- Duke University (USA)
- EARTH University (Costa Rica)
- FAWE – Forum for African Women Educationalists (Rwanda and Ethiopia)
- KNUST – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Ghana)
- Makarere University (Uganda)
- McGill University (Canada)
- Michigan State University (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
- University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- University of Pretoria (South Africa)
- University of Toronto (Canada)
- Wellesley College (USA)