Submit an application for the Fully Funded scholars program at the USIU Africa, and have the opportunity of having all your expenses taken care of for the length of the scholarship.
The scholarship equally provides access to leadership and entrepreneurial training.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship.
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Only women not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women
- Refugees and displaced youth
- Youth with disabilities.
Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
- Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB)- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) -Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
More information about the above-highlighted degree programs can be found at the university website: undergraduate-programs/
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Interested applicants can download the application forms from Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible and send to email@example.com or drop your application at Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU- Africa, or post your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
Any queries can be directed through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254730 116 218 or in person.
About the MasterCard Foundation scholars Programme
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications
Key Dates and Order of Program
Release of call for applications -Thursday, March 11, 2021.
Application Deadline- Friday, March 26, 2021.
Review of applications –Thursday, April 1 to Friday, April 30, 2021.
Communication to shortlisted Candidates-Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 7, 2021.-if you do not hear from us by this date, please consider your application not successful
Interviews -–Monday, May 10 to Friday, May 15, 2021.
Communication to Successful Candidates- Thursday, May 20 to Saturday, May 22, 2021
Home Visits- Tuesday, June 1 to Friday, June 30, 2021.
Travel preparation, assistance for passport, visa, and flight tickets application for international students- Thursday, July 1 to Friday, August 6, 2021.
Reporting for Pre-Orientation- Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Scholars Pre-University Orientation- Monday, August 16 to Friday, August 27, 2021.
University-wide orientation- Monday, August 30 –Friday, September 3, 2021
Candidates would be interviewed and then shortlisted.