Apply for the Leiden University Fund Lutfia Rabbani foundation scholarship 2021 and get up to £30,000 as University fund with a solid mentorship programme during your year of scholarship with learned professionals.
Application Deadline: March 31st 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
- The fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a master’s student.
- A mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on important issues.
- A scholarship fund of £30,000
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official letter of acceptance into a one year Master’s programme at Leiden University. Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, and Sudan.
Requirements and Specifications
Terms and Conditions
- Once the scholarship is granted and accepted, the signed terms and conditions form acts as a legal contract between the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholar.
- A mid-year academic progress report is required, including a list of grades achieved to date.
- Within two months time of completion of study, the student must submit a report of his/her experience to the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation reserves the right to edit the report for communication purposes.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
How to Apply
- Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English)
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University. In order to meet the March 31st deadline for the scholarship, applicants should apply to Leiden University no later than February 1st for the September intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University. Without a letter of acceptance from Leiden University, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation cannot consider applicants for a scholarship.
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- Budget: please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 30,000 for an academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated Application Form (the form can also be downloaded in the application portal).
- All the documents above must be submitted to the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation by March 31st, 2021. Apply by clicking on the button below (make sure you already have all the requested documents ready to upload to the application portal).
About the Leiden University Fund Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship
The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have joined forces to support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a Master’s student from an Arab country to attend a Master’s programme at Leiden University.
Moreover, the scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Applications for the 2021/2022 academic year will open on January 1, 2021. The application deadline will be March 31st, 2021. Applications to Leiden University are processed year round for the September and February intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University.
Only applicants with an official letter of acceptance from Leiden University will be considered for a scholarship by the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation.
The programme would take place at Leiden University.