Submit your proposal on any land governance-related topics in one or several countries of the Arab region for a chance to receive a research grant in the Research Projects on Land Governance in the Arab Region 2020.
This project is for committed national stakeholders to collaborate with future leaders to conduct research, create knowledge and provide answers on land related issues, to improve a vital section of the Arab region.
Propose your innovative ideas for an opportunity to receive a research grant that will set you on a course to achieve social and economic development, increase the information and empirical evidence available on land and the way it is accessed.
Here’s an opportunity for you to foster change by creating solutions to the various types of land-related conflicts occurring in the Arab Region.
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
In addition to access to a network of leaders in land affairs, successful applicants whose research proposals are accepted will receive a total grant of USD 4000 as follows;
- $1,500 awarded to the chosen researcher after the selection.
- A payment of $2,500 after final research paper is submitted
The following are qualifications and selection criteria for applicants:
- Master and PhD students (social science, economics, law, multi-disciplinary land-related programmes, etc.) with interest in land management and land-related topics in one or several countries in the Arab region;
- Land professionals and land practitioners with expertise and/or field experience on land related projects in the Arab region.
- Scholars(born in 1975 or after) working in universities or other relevant research institutions conducting research dealing with land-related topics in the Arab region;
- Applicants must be nationals or resident of a country of the Arab region
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates,
- Applicants must be at most 45 years old or younger
Themes of the Proposal
Land governance is a cross sectoral topic that cuts across social and economic spheres of societies. It affects other disciplines and dimensions. In keeping in line with the purpose of the call for proposals, applicants are required to tailor their proposals to any of the following topics:
- The nexus between land and conflict;
- Land and socio-economic development;
- Women and land;
- Youth and land;
- Land, natural resources (including water, minerals, extractives, etc.)
- Land and climate change (incl. land degradation, etc.);
- Land administration;
- Land policies, laws and regulations;
- Land-based investment, land markets, land value, land transactions;
- Monitoring land governance and land tenure security;
- Urbanization, planning, taxation and development control;
- Innovative land management tool;
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants who fit all requirements should take note of the following before applying.
- Applicants can apply individually or in group (of maximum 3).
- The submissions should contain:
- The name(s) and titles of the applicants;
- Copies of the ID(s) of the applicant(s);
- Proof of residency in Arab Country (for candidates who aren’t Arab nationals)
- The themes of the proposed research (selected from the listed themes above
- The proposed title of the research paper
- The geographical focus (one or more than one country in the Arab region)
- The outline (or table of content) of the research paper
- An abstract describing the proposed research (at maximum 2000 words).
- Submissions should be done in Word and PDF format and written in either in English, French or Arabic.
- Submissions should be sent by 15 July 2020 to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
About Land Governance in the Arab Region 2020
The Arab region is not exempted from profound challenges just like other nations. The programm on good land governance is an initiative created to support inclusive development, peace and stability in Arab regions.
A group of Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Partners led by UN-Habitat and the World Bank convened the ‘Expert Group Meeting on Fostering Good Land Governance in the Arab States’ in Amman, Jordan. The meeting launched the land governance in the Arab Region initiative.
The Global Land Tool Network in collaboration with the UN-Habitat,designed the program to increase substantial growth in the management of land, peri-urban and rural land, to achieve inclusive social and economic development.
The goal of the program is to support and motivates future academic and professional leaders in the field of land governance to help hinder further descent into chaotic land-related issues. The initiative is focused on resolving deep societal issues rooted in land.
Basically its a much needed action taken after the realization that the way land is accessed, used and controlled is a key element of sustainable social and economic development, peace and stability, and realization of human rights.
Women in the Arab region (especially those affected by conflict, displacement and migration) are widely acknowledged to be lagging behind in their access to land and property rights. The Arab Land Governance Initiative seeks to increase women’s access to land management and land-related affairs.
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for applying is the 15th of July, 2020
All Research proposals should be submitted by 15th of July, 2020.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by 31st of August, 2020
Selected candidates will be required to submit full research paper by 30th November 2020
A review of the abstracts will be conducted.
Then, candidates who are selected would be required to submit full research papers that includes;
- An executive summary of 4 pages;
- Body of the research of max 50 pages;
- Conclusions and recommendations (max 6 pages).
*Word Count for full research paper min. 5000, max.10000
**The paper should be formatted as such:
- 8.5″ x 11”-page size
- 1″ margins
- 11 point Times Roman
- Line Spacing: Multiple 1.15
The final research papers will be reviewed by an expert committee and uploaded on websites of; GLTN; Arab Land Initiative; and UTI.
There’s the possibility of selected candidates being sponsored to attend elevant international conferences to present their research results; e.g. the World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty, or the Second Arab Land Conference, etc…
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
Nine partnerships agreements were signed to implement land governance activities in the Arab region