If you’re an aspiring South African teacher, apply now to receive a full university scholarship that provides your full tuition fees in the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2021.
Become a fellow in the Gerwel Fellowship if you are in Grade 12, on a Gap Year, in your 1st year at UCT or UP and you’ll be at the forefront of solving some of the most significant educational challenges in South Africa.
As a Jakes Gerwel Fellow, you’ll be granted a platform to impact the world, access to a community of inspirational people to relate with and support your journey as well as the best possible learning experiences that set you up for long-term success as an expert teacher, educational leader or entrepreneur.
Apply for a chance at a quality education that helps you stay true to your teaching passion.
Application Deadline: July 20, 2020
Open the Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
The fellowship provides to selected applicants:
- Full university tuition
- Accommodation and feeding
- Allowance for tutoring
- Monthly allowances
- Academic Support
- Leadership development
- A mentor who is an expert Teacher
- Personal Coach
The fellowship offers two Scholarship opportunities:
- The Undergraduate intake (Grade 12, Gap year and 1st Year University)
- Graduate intake (PGCE).
To be considered for the Undergraduate Teaching Fellowship,
- Applicants must be South African nationals or permanent resident with SA ID Number
- Applicants must be under the age of 23 by the closing date of application
- Applicants must be willing to complete a three-year Bachelor’s degree at the University of Cape Town or University of Pretoria and then go on to complete PGCE
- Applicants must be willing to teach at a South African high school on completion of PGCE
- Applicants must apply to both the University of Cape Town and the University of Pretoria for academic study and placement in 2021
To be considered for Graduate Teacher Fellowship: PGCE
- Applicants must be South African citizens or permanent residents with SA ID Number
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 by the closing date of application
- Candidate fellows must be willing to teach at a South African high school on completion of PGCE
- Applicants must ensure that they have applied to their partner universities for academic study and placement in the PGCE course in 2021 (the University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of Witwatersrand and University of Johannesburg)
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2021
Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is an initiative set up to nurture and create expert teachers who embolden creativity and will render the kind of change that the SA educational sector so desperately requires.
The Fellowship is a full university scholarship that provides extensive training and leadership development for achievers with a fervor for teaching and education.
Jakes Gerwel Fellows are at the forefront of solving the most pressing educational challenges, and in so doing, improve schools in South Africa. They are granted a springboard from which to knit an impact in the world.
The fellowship is committed to creating a qualitative education system with the best quality of teachers who will in turn teach young future leaders for the greater good of the society.
The Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2021 offers two Scholarship opportunities:
The Undergraduate intake (Grade 12, Gap year, and 1st Year University and Graduate intake (PGCE).
Key Dates and Order of Program
The deadline for submission of applications is July 20, 2020
Candidates are reviewed as potential fellows based on university, demographic, gender, and an undergraduate degree
The Selection process includes
- Online Application
- Telephonic Interviews
- Day Selection camp
- Become a candidate fellow
For Undergraduate fellows, a three-year Bachelor’s degree at the University of Cape Town or University of Pretoria will be undertaken
For both Undergraduate and Graduate intakes, Selected fellows will teach at a South African high school on completion of PGCE