Are you an African founder or co-founder of a company registered in Africa?
Then apply for the Jack Ma Foundation Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) Prize Competition 2021 and get the opportunity to pitch your business ideas to business legends and get advice from there. You equally get to win a share of $1.5 million.
Application Deadline: June 7 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
- You get the opportunity to pitch to business legends and receive advice from them.
- Win YOUR share of $1.5 million USD
- All ten finalists win grant funds from $100,000 to $300,000.
- Gain global recognition & exposure
- International publicity via the televised Africa’s Business heroes Show, press releases, news articles, TV/radio & print interviews.
- Access mentorship & training
- Tailored Feedback, Mentorship & Training via the Africa’s Business Heroes Network of Partners and Judges.
- Get connected with entrepreneurs ecosystem
- An online community of ABH Alumni, judges and key stakeholders that promotes peer learning, engagement and networking.
- Applicants should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Should have African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen.
- The Company should be registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
Please note that at various stages of the application, we require documents to prove your eligibility.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
About the Jack Ma Foundation Africa's Business Heroes (ABH) Prize Competition
ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Key Dates and Order of Program
Application deadline is June 7 2021.
To identify our heroes, we run a 4-step review process.
An online review of submitted applicants to determine our Top 50 Finalists. Each application will be reviewed by two judges. The Top 50 Finalists will be determined by the average scores of all applications.
Video-Call interviews with two established business leaders who engage in a 1 hour and a half in-depth assessment of the company and finalist. The Top 20 Finalists will be determined by the average scores of all 50 Finalists.
Our Top 20 Finalists will need to pass due diligence checks by our partner: Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) in order to move to the Semi-Finale round.
Our short-listed finalists will pitch to a panel of distinguished and experienced panel of investors, business leaders and professionals who will determine our Top 10 Finalists.
At each stage of the review process, our judges provide applicants with feedback and advice to support them on their business journey.
- Temie Giwa-Tubosun
2019 ABH Grand Prize Winner
- Omar Sakr
CEO, Nawah Scientific
2019 ABH 2nd Prize Winner