Come up with ideas on renewable energy and share them with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in the IRENA Youth Video Contest 2020 for a chance to take part in IRENA’s 2021 Youth Forum.
Focused on the theme ‘Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19: Youth Actions for Recovery’, the youth video contest gives you a chance to take part in the energy transition and discussions centered around making the planet safer.
Enter the contest, share your reformative ideas, and stand a chance to be featured in a newsroom article on the IRENA website.
Application Deadline: July 8, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
One opportunity can change your life, career, and income for good, forever!
Where Should I Send Your Daily Opportunities?
Winners of the youth video contest will have:
- A chance to actively participate in the IRENA Youth Forum that will occur in January 2021 at IRENA Headquarters
- Their videos widely promoted and circulated on IRENA’s social media channels and featured in a newsroom article on the IRENA website.
- Access to an interactive network of like-minded young leaders
To qualify for the youth video contest:
- Contestants have to be up to 30 years old from anywhere in the world.
- The competition is open to minors who have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the contest
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Contestants can enter the contest by uploading a video on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, using the hashtag #IRENAYouthContest and tagging IRENA.
Creatively explain your ideas on the contest’s theme- ‘Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19: Youth Actions for Recovery’ in 60 seconds or less.
To stand any chance of winning, take note of the following instructions and rules before uploading your video:
- Video entry must clearly and creatively address the abovementioned theme in 60 seconds or less
- The youth video contest will be open for submissions between 10:00 GST / 8:00 CEST on 9 June 2020 and 23:59 GST / 21:59 CEST on 8 July 2020
- The video should be submitted by uploading it either on the participant’s Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account by using the hashtag #IRENAYouthContest and tagging IRENA.
- Submissions are limited to one video per individual.
- Submissions depicting violence, sexism, racism, or containing content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, degrading, deprecating, or disrespectful to any groups, individuals or institutions will be disqualified.
- All submissions must be consistent with norms of civil discourse and be appropriate for a worldwide public audience.
- There is no specific requirement for the video to be of high quality or resolution.
- The video should be in English, or if created in another language must include English subtitles.
- Based on diverse cultural backgrounds around the world, it is not compulsory that the contestant shows their face in the video.
- By entering the youth video contest, participants, including minor participants and their parents or legal guardians acknowledge and affirm that the submitted video is an original work created solely by the participant and that it does not infringe on copyrights, trademarks and the rights of privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
By submitting a video to this contest, participants, including minor participants and their parents or legal guardians agree to grant IRENA the right to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in any media at any time.
About the IRENA Youth Video Contest
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an intergovernmental organization that supports countries in their transition to a sustainable energy future.
IRENA promotes the widespread adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy, including bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower, ocean, solar, and wind energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security, and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
The organization serves as a major representative for international discourse on renewable energy. With support from countries around the world, IRENA urges governments to adopt policies that enable the sustenance of renewable energy.
In line with these aims, IRENA initiated the IRENA Youth Video Contest to spread and inculcate in the younger generation the importance of renewable energy.
Actively engaged with over 180 countries, IRENA promotes renewable resources and technologies as the key to a sustainable future and helps countries achieve their renewable energy potential.
Key Dates and Order of Program
All applicants are to submit their entries by 8th of July, 2020
The winner or winners will be announced by IRENA on 16th of July, 2020 at www.irena.org and through the Agency’s social media channels
A selection committee made up of four representatives from youth constituencies of the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth and three representatives from IRENA will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
Relevance and adherence to the theme: Videos that clearly reflect and creatively incorporate the theme of “Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19” through positive youth perspectives.
Originality and creativity: Entries that reflect a genuine interest in the cause, with a unique representation of the theme rather than copied and trite.Potential viewer impact: The video that portrays passionate personal or ardent ambitious thoughts that are inspiring to viewers, and that can be imbibed by other youth.