Exhibit your talent alongside several creatives in this photography contest and gain the benefit of the prestige and international exposure that comes from entering a competition of this scope.
Winners will receive widespread promotion for their arts, monetary prizes, and certificates.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2020
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Prizes to be awarded to winners of the competition include:
- €5000 paid by direct electronic bank transfer
- A Certificate of participation
- A professional portfolio review of the artist’s work
- Media promotion and public exposure via the 212 Magazine
- A letter of thanks
Shortlist Prize to be presented to the 10 shortlisted contestants include:
- Certificate of participation
- A letter of thanks from the 212 Committee.
The competition is open to
- Any photographer or artist using the photographic medium regularly.
- Photographers/artists who have not had a major exhibition in a gallery or cultural institution of international importance.
- The contest is open to works from professional and amateur photographers of all ages and all nations, taken on any camera .
- There are no restrictions on age or nationality.
- All genres; portraits, landscapes, still life, fashion, etc. are eligible.
- Collective submissions – made by two or more artists – are acceptable providing the authors work regularly together and have built a body of work together.
- There’s no entry fee
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
To participate, follow the following procedure:
- Read the terms and conditions of entry.
- If you are in agreement with the stipulations, submit by email a minimum of 5/a maximum of 10 of your photos taken at any time, any place, and in any context to the email address you will receive via the address you have provided in the form.
- Files must adhere to the following conditions: digital files in PNG, JPG or PNG format at 72 dpi, RGB, 1080 pixels high if in portrait format, 1920 pixels wide if in landscape format.
- Each file must be named according to the following manner: surname_first name_seriestitle_01.jpg
(e.g.: smith_john_thesis_01.jpg for the first file, smith_john_interiors_20.jpg for the twentieth, etc.)
- Compress the file and submit (zip file).
- Complete and submit the entry form
About the International 212 Photography Competition 2020
The 212 Photography Competition is an international contest administered by 212 Photography İstanbul dedicated to promoting the best startup talents from around the world.
Funded by 212 Studio and organized alongside an international biannual arts and culture magazine, 212 Magazine, the competition aims to provide a safe space for ideas and expression to mix without prejudice across multicultural backgrounds.
The photography contest features a suite of exhibits, workshops, film screenings, lecture / panels, portfolio reviews, and more innovations.
Key Dates and Order of Program
All entries must be forwarded and applications submitted by the deadline of September 20, 2020, 23:59 (GMT +3).
By September 24, 2020, contestants will be notified of their progress after the first round and whether or not they have been selected for the second round.
All contestants of the second round will be notified of the results by October 10, 2020 during the event.
The event will take place by October 8-18, 2020.
All entries will be evaluated in two phases of review.
A shortlist of 10 participants will be made from all submissions and forwarded to the jury.
The Second round entails evaluation of the 10 shortlisted participants by the jury.
The Jury consists of:
- Ellen Kooi: Artist & Photographer
- Kim Knoppers Foam: Curator & Researcher
- Hussein Chalayan: Art & Fashion Designer
- Brett Rogers: The Photographers’ Gallery Director
- Metİn Çavuş: Academician
- Brendan Embser: Aperture – Managing Editor
Networking and Partnership Opportunities
The International 212 Photography Competition is a major photography event organized by 212 Studio and supported in partnership by organizations that also speak the language of photography.
To name a few, these partners include:
- Yapı Kredi bomontiada
- Akaretler Istanbul