Submit an application for the ILO “From Research to Action” (RTA) Project Fellowship 2021/2022, and stand a chance to win up to $18,000, alongside recognition as a fellow. You equally get to meet and network with experienced researchers.
Application Deadline: April 16 2021
Open the Table of Content Below
Click to see section
Each winner would be awarded up to $18,000 for the period of 12 months.
- Individuals who have recently obtained a PhD, currently enrolled a PhD program, or hold a master’s degree with five years of relevant research and teaching experience in a variety of disciplines – such as, but not limited to, anthropology, child development, economics, health, public policy, psychology, sociology, gender studies and statistics – in rigorous research of direct relevance for policies relating to child labour, forced labour, and human trafficking;
- Are affiliated with a university or research institute.
Free Worksheet and Checklist
Here at Camberene, we go the extra mile to make sure you win. So we have designed a beautiful checklist to help you keep track of your progress and make sure you’re doing things correctly.
It’s 100% FREE
Hit the download button to get it in your inbox ASAP.
Applicants must complete the online application form in English and send the following documents in one PDF document to email@example.com with the subject title “RTA fellowship application, [Last name], [first name]”.
The complete package must include:
- A cover Letter summarizing the applicant’s experience and motivations
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A recommendation letter from the proposed supervisor;
- Letter from the university or research institution stating their willingness in hosting the fellow;
- A research proposal of 3-5 pages specifying the objectives of the work, the methodology, and its relevance in the field of child labour, forced labour, or human trafficking;
- A publication record or up to 3 academic writing samples on research areas related to this call.
Research proposal components
- Abstract: 250 words
- Clearly state the problem/importance of research/research question
- Detailed description of proposed research methodology
- List advisor(s) and provide short description of their experience in the area of research
- Provide information on potential partnerships relevant to the research/data collection (local NGOs, government offices, statistical offices, etc)
- Develop a timeline for research completion within 12 months
About the ILO "From Research to Action"(RTA) Project Fellowship
The “From Research to Action” (RTA) project aims at accelerating the use of rigorous research by policymakers and practitioners in support to efforts to tackle child labour, forced labour, and human trafficking around the world. To safeguard the rights of all workers, including migrant workers, this project commits to engage researchers and promote new interest to strengthen the evidence base for achieving
The RTA project will award three Policy Research Fellows to address knowledge gaps in the field of child labour, forced labour, and human trafficking. The fellowship will build capacity and promote collaboration between skilled and early career researcher. Each fellow will be awarded up to US$18,000 for the period of 12 months. The project start date is within the first month of the award date and subject to funds availability and the approval of extension of the RTA project by the Donor.